Numerous working professionals prefer using the Canon PIXMA TS6120 Printer for doing their business-related tasks in a more productive way. In addition, this model is also preferred by students for simple printing needs. If you too have opted for the model, then you can set it up and start using it. In case you need help for setting it up, you can refer to this reading. We are the pioneers at executing the Canon TS6120 setup for several devices such as Windows and Mac. Also, we can show you the ways for setting up your printing machine for wifi and wireless.
Several procedures can be used to set up Canon TS6120 Printer. The highly reliable ones among them have been used in this blog. To know all of them, the summary cited here should help.
- What is the Procedure for Canon TS6120 Setup via USB Port?
What is the Procedure for Canon TS6120 Setup via USB Port?
Using the USB port of your device, the Canon PIXMA TS6120 setup can be carried out in a simple manner. Along with a USB cable, the Canon printer drivers will form another requirement for this procedure. After gathering both of them, you can run the downloaded file for the device’s driver. Then select the Next button in the window of the Welcome Wizard and provide your correct credentials to proceed with the setup.
- From your manufacturer’s website, get the drivers for your Canon printer. You can also use the installation disc for this.
- Click on the file you have downloaded.
- When the “Welcome Wizard” shows up, press the “Next” button.
- Enter your “Username”. Then type in the “Password” of your computer.
- Tap the button for “Installer Helper”.
- Click on the “Start Setup” button.
- Next, select your region.
- The “License Agreement” will show up. Read it and then press “Yes” for agreeing.
- When the “Survey” wizard appears, choose either “Agree” or “Do Not Agree”. Now, the status will be checked by the application.
- Choose “Wireless LAN” as the connection method. Then click on “Next”.
- Click on “Next” on the “Check Power” screen.
- Scroll down. Press the “Radio” button before the option of setting up the network connection as per the guide statement. Then click on “Next”.
- You can opt for closing the “Online Manual” page in case you are asked to do so.
- Click on the button for “Alternative Methods”. This will open the screen of “Wireless Settings”.
- Click on the radio button stating “Set up a Wireless Connection Using a USB Cable”. Then press “Next”.
- Now, connect your PC to your Canon printer via a USB cable.
- Power on your Canon printer.
- Press “Next” on the “Network Connection” page.
- Choose “Allow”. Then click on the “Add Printer” option.
- Select your printer’s name.
- Press the “Add” button.
- Click on “Next”.
- Click on “Exit” when you see the “Installation Complete” wizard. That is all.
How to Execute Canon PIXMA TS6120 Wireless Setup?
To understand the procedure for executing the Canon TS6120 Printer setup for wireless, the following sub-sections have been outlined. These sub-sections consist of 3 different procedures. By reading them, you can learn how the WPS method and Easy Wireless Connect can set up the wireless printer on Windows and Mac.
Setup Using WPS Method
The WPS method basically contains the use of the WPS Push button. This method can be employed only when your router as well as the Canon TS6120 Wireless Printer contain the said button. After physically locating it on the two devices, you can proceed with the startup of the printing machine. Then after checking for the WPS Pushbutton Mode, you can press the button to start the setup.
- Power on your Canon printer.
- Let the startup of your printer be complete.
- Now, print an alignment page.
Tip: Should you find that the paper gets jammed at the time of printing the alignment page, you can look for help here.
- Ensure that your Canon printer, as well as your wireless router, has a “WPS Pushbutton Mode”.
Note this: In case you cannot find the “WPS Pushbutton Mode” on your Canon printer and wireless router, you can check the manuals of these to be sure about the presence of the mode.
- Now, see to it that your printer and router carries a “WPS Push Button”.
- Ensure that your network is using “WPA” security or “WPA2” security.
- Now, use the “WPS Pushbutton Mode”. For this, you can refer to the manual of your printer.
- Now, in a duration of 2 minutes, tap the “WPS Push Button”.
Setting up on Windows
The approach to do Canon PIXMA TS6120 wireless setup on Windows is slightly different in the sense that it uses the Wireless button. You can check for the button on your machine’s Control Panel. Once you’ve located it, you can turn on your wireless Canon printer and make its connection with your router using a cable. This step will be followed by hitting the Wireless button. In the subsequent steps, you can connect the wireless printer to any preferred network.
- The basic step is to switch on your Canon PIXMA TS6120 Wireless Printer.
- Use a cable to connect your printer to your router.
- On your printer’s “Control Panel”, press the “Wireless” button.
- Now, you have to connect your Canon printer to the wireless network you prefer.
- Ensure that your Windows PC is on.
- On your Windows computer, turn on the “Wi-Fi” feature.
- Now, use a cable for connecting your Windows computer to your router.
- See to it that your Canon TS6120 Printer and Windows PC have been connected to the same network.
- Now, give the command for a test print. When the print gets delivered, you will know that the setup is complete.
Note this: In case the print for the test page doesn’t get delivered, you will be encouraged to check all the directions of the Canon TS6120 setup for Windows to make sure that none of them was missed or wrongly performed by you.
Setup on Mac through Easy Wireless Connect
Easy Wireless Connect is a method that is used by several Mac users to operate the Canon TS6120 wireless setup. To give you an abstract of the method, you will be needed to prefer the Wireless Connection option placed on your device’s Control Panel. Using that, the LAN Settings can be entered for selecting Wireless LAN. Moving forward, you can pick Wireless LAN Setup and start Easy Wireless Connect.
The directions that are carried out after this can be discovered here:
- Press the “Power” button of your Canon TS6120 Printer.
- From the device’s “Control Panel”, select the option of “Wireless Connect”.
- Now, you have to open the “LAN Settings”.
- In the fourth step, tap on the “Wireless LAN” option.
- Select the option of “Wireless LAN Setup”.
- Tap on “Easy Wireless Connect”. Then press “Ok”.
- Make certain that your Mac is on.
- The “Setup” screen will show up on your Mac. Then press “Next”.
- Type in your “Username” as well as your “Password”.
- Tap “Install Helper”.
- On the “Setup” screen, choose “Start Setup”.
- Setting your preferences is the next step.
- Now, the “Connection Mode” has to be selected.
- Also, select your router to which you wish to connect.
- Correctly fill in your credentials. Then tap “Next”.
- Now, the drivers will get installed. When the installation is over, click on “Add Printer”. This is the last step of this procedure.
How Can I Administer Canon TS6120 Wifi Setup?
The Canon PIXMA TS6120 setup for wifi can be administered via Easy Wireless Connect as well as Wireless Direct. In case these methods do not seem familiar, you can glance at the methods produced in the subsequent sections. Additionally, you can also prefer reading the third method should you like to initiate the wifi setup for your Canon device on Mac.
Setting up with the Help of Easy Wireless Connect
Easy Wireless Connect can be found in the form of an option after entering the Wireless LAN Setup. To reach the option, you can start your device and visit Home. After pressing Ok, you can select the button for Home one more time. Later, you can tap the icon of Wifi and go through the network’s information. Accompanied by this, you can opt for the LAN Settings and Wireless LAN to find the said option.
The steps that are to be done after finding this option have been presented below. You can follow them to continue with the Canon TS6120 wifi setup.
- Start with Switching on your Canon printer.
- Wait for the “Power LED” light to turn on and the initialization procedure of your printer to finish.
- Press the rectangle-shaped “Home” button.
- In case you see an error, press “Ok”. Then tap the “Home” button once again.
- Press the “Wifi” icon. Now, you will be able to see the basic information for the network.
- You have to choose “LAN Settings”.
- Now, choose “Wireless LAN”.
- Select “Wireless LAN Setup”.
- Tap “Easy Wireless Connect”.
- Then press “Yes”.
- Wait till the printer preparation is over. Now, go ahead with the setup procedure on your PC.
- In the next step, inserting the setup CD will be required.
- You will be asked to choose your region. After choosing, click on “Next”.
- Go through the “License Agreement”. Then tap “Yes”.
- Click on “Agree” or “Do Not Agree” when you see the survey window. Then press “Yes”.
- Select your Canon printer’s name. Enter the “Passphrase” in the field of “Network Key”.
- Click on “Next”.
- Then again click on “Next”.
- Click on “Allow”.
- Tap on “Add Printer”. Select your printer’s name.
- Then press the “Add” button.
- Keep pressing “Next” till you see the “Exit” button.
Upon reaching “Exit”, you will have administered the method for Canon TS6120 setup.
Using Wireless Direct to Set up
Coming to the next sub-section, it is now time to find out how the wifi setup for the Canon TS6120 Printer can be done using Wireless Direct. This is an option that can be selected by entering the LAN Settings of your printer. For entering these settings, you can press Setup after starting the machine. Then you can open the Settings as well as the Device Settings. The LAN Settings will be available here.
- Connect your Canon PIXMA TS6120 to your device.
- Switch on your printer.
- On your printer’s operational panel, choose “Setup”.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Device Settings”.
- Then press “LAN Settings” in the next step.
- Now, choose “Wireless Direct”.
- Tap on “Wireless Direct Active/Inactive”.
- The ninth step is to choose “No”.
- Now, make a selection from “Yes” or “No”.
- Then press “Ok”.
- “Wireless Direct” will get enabled on the Canon printer. Then turn on the “Wi-Fi” on your device.
- Choose the option of “DIRECT-XXXX-TS6100series”.
Note this: In the place of “XXXX”, you will see some alphanumeric characters.
- In case you cannot see the name of your Canon printer, “Wireless Direct” may not have been enabled. Ensure that it gets enabled now.
- Now, you will be required to provide the “Passkey”.
Once it has been correctly provided, the final step of the Canon TS6120 wifi setup will have been done.
Setup on Mac
Now, we will be reading about the steps to start the Canon TS6120 setup on Mac. Once your device gets turned on and finishes the startup processes, you can select Home and hit Ok. Pressing Home again, you have to tap the Wireless icon. This is followed by choosing the LAN Settings and selecting Wireless LAN. After choosing the Wireless LAN Setup, you can prefer Easy Wireless Connect to continue.
- When your Canon printer is on, check that its “Power” light is lit.
- Wait till your device performs any startup processes.
- On your printer, press “Home”.
- If you see any error, press “Ok”. Then press “Home”.
- Choose the icon of “Wireless”.
- Tap on “LAN Settings”.
- Tap on “Wireless LAN”.
- Now, choose the “Wireless LAN Setup” option.
- Select “Easy Wireless Connect”.
- Pressing “Yes” is the next step.
- You will see the message “Follow the Instructions on the Computer or Smartphone, etc. to Perform the Operation”. Then you can go back to the setup app screen and continue with the setting up procedure.
- Now, you have to download the setup file and run it.
- Launch the setup and press “Next” when a screen appears.
- Fill in your “Username” and “Password”.
- Choose “Install Helper”.
- Click on “Start Setup”.
- Select your region and press “Next”.
- Accept the “License Agreement” by pressing “Yes”.
- Choose “Agree”/”Do Not Agree”. Now, your printer status will be checked.
- For “Connection Method”, press “Yes”.
- Choose your wireless router when its screen appears. Type in the “Network key”. Then press “Next”.
- Press “Next” when the network connection is over.
- To allow the access key for “My Network”, tap “Allow”.
- Then click on “Add Printer”. Choose “TS6100 Series”. Choose “AirPrint”/”Secure AirPrint” from “Use”. Then press “Add”.
- Press “Next” on the “Add Printer” screen. Then again press “Next”. When the setup is over, press “Next”. Choose optional software if needed and press “Next”. Then tap “Next” again. Then choose “Skip”/”Next”.
- Lastly, press “Exit”.
We hope that this Canon Printer TS6120 setup method for wifi successfully worked.
As a Final Observation
We have witnessed several Canon printer users facing issues while setting up their devices. These issues are more commonly seen at the time of setting up the devices for wifi and setting up the wireless model of Canon PIXMA TS6120 Printer. To prevent all the issues or confusions being faced by them, we assembled reliable and easy-to-understand information for preparing this post on the Canon printer setup for TS6120 model. We hope we succeeded in completing the purpose for which it was prepared.
We value the contributions of our readers for making suggestions to improve our post. Do you also have any suggestions for it? Share it with us by posting a comment!
Also read the easiest methods over the web for Canon TR4522 setup and Canon TR4500 Setup.