Are you trying to print an important document, but instead of printing out a fine copy, is your Canon PIXMA MX432 Printer displaying an error message that says “”Error 5100 – An error occurred in the carriage encoder signal”? Getting Canon PIXMA MX432 Printer 5100 Error could be really annoying and frustrating as it could bring your entire printing experience to a halt.
In this article, we’ll show you some simple resolution steps to fix this error message. Alternatively, you can also get in touch with our expert technicians to get Canon PIXMA MX432 Printer Error Code 5100 fixed instantly. Simply dial our toll free 24X7 Canon customer support number and get in touch with our certified technicians.
Reasons why error code 5100 Occur in Canon Pixma Printer
There could be various reasons leading to Canon PIXMA Printer Error 5100. These include:
- The protective material might be preventing the print head from moving properly
- There might be a paper jam inside the machine
- There might be debris in the carriage head
- The ink tank might need to be correctly installed
- The printer needs to be reset
How To Fix Error Code 5100 In Canon Pixma Printer
Basis the actual cause behind Printer Error Code 5100, there could be various ways to solve it. Let’s take a look at them one by one:
Solution 1: Remove the protective material from the printer head
- Open the top cover of your printer.
- Look for the protective material and remove it.
- Close the cover and turn your printer on.
- Check if Canon PIXMA Printer Error Code 5100 has been resolved.
Need Help In Resolving 5100 Error code. Get In Touch With Experts @ USA/Canada +1-866-496-0452 & UK +44 2896 002856
Solution 2: Remove jammed paper from the printer
- Turn off your printer.
- Remove the top cover and look for any jammed paper or foreign material.
- Carefully remove it by gently pulling the paper out of the tray.
- Close the cover and turn your machine on.
- Confirm that the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Set the ink cartridges properly
At times, the ink cartridge of your Canon PIXMA MX432 Printer might not be properly set or installed. This can cause interruption in the print head functioning, leading to Printer Error Code 5100. To fix this error, you need to reset/reinstall the ink cartridges. For this, remove all ink cartridges from the printer and clean it with canned air or filtered air blower. However, since this requires some amount of technical expertise, we suggest you to resolve this issue with the help of technician. You can connect with our certified team of experts through our Canon Printer Helpline number +1-866-496-0452 at anytime and get comprehensive support and instant assistance.
Solution 4: Reset your Canon PIXMA MX432 Printer
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable.
- Press and hold the power button, and restore the power.
- While the power button is still pressed, press the resume button twice.
- Release the power button and confirm that the issue has been resolved.