The HTTP error 504 AOL mail is found by many users while using this service. A technical error like this can be seen as a consequence of several reasons. Considering the reasons for the emergence of this error, it can be settled on your system. With the finest knowledge of this error, we can easily identify its causes and then help you troubleshoot it on your system or device.
This post on the AOL 504 gateway timeout error will throw light on the topics shown below.
- What Does AOL 504 Gateway Timeout Mean?
- Identifying the Causes of AOL 504 Gateway Timeout Error
- How can I Fix AOL 504 Gateway Timeout Error?
- Fix 1: Check Your Device for Any Error
- Fix 2: Close Programs and Restart Your Computer
- Fix 3: Try Another Browser to Access AOL Mail
- Fix 4: Remove and Reinstall Your Browser
- Fix 5: Refresh the Mail Page of AOL
- Fix 6: Open the Web Page Again
- Fix 7: Check that Proxy Settings have No Error
- Fix 8: Refresh Your System
- Fix 9: Ensure Your Internet Connection is Proper
- Fix 10: Clear Network Errors by Restarting Your Devices
- Fix 11: Start Your Operating System Again
What Does AOL 504 Gateway Timeout Mean?
AOL 504 error is a failure that results due to gateway timeout. Sometimes a server is unable to obtain a response from any other server. This other server is the same server which you were attempting to get access to while loading the page again.
Identifying the Causes of AOL 504 Gateway Timeout Error
Here, we have shown 8 reasons that can make way for the error of AOL mail 504 bad gateway.
1. A problem with your operating system or the network you are using could cause such an error.
2. There could be a fault in the email servers.
3. Problems with the internet connection have been identified as the third cause of it.
4. This error can be seen in the instances of software and hardware issues.
5. Any fault in the DNS configuration could be the next cause of this AOL problem.
6. Wrong settings of the proxy server can sometimes result in this http error 504 AOL mail error.
7. This error can be found because of an error with your ISP (internet service provider).
8. In case your AOL account has been inactive for 90 days or so, you may encounter this error.
How can I Fix AOL 504 Gateway Timeout Error?
When you run into the AOL mail 504 error, you can implement 11 fixes to wipe it out. These fixes can be performed by you without any tech professional by your side. For all the fixes, the necessary information has been listed below.
Fix 1: Check Your Device for Any Error
It is quite likely that the device you are using to view AOL mails may be problematic. Thus, you can come across the AOL mail gateway timeout error.
So, the first fix should be to check that the device you are using for AOL mail has no error. In case your device has an error, then you may see this problem. So, to be sure you can first check your device. Then you can restart it. If the problem can still be seen, then you can access AOL mail from any other device.
Fix 2: Close Programs and Restart Your Computer
Not only major issues but sometimes minor bugs can also cause the AOL 504 gateway error. You may be running certain programs on your computer which may be causing minor bugs and further cause this error.
You can close the programs first. Then you can restart your computer. The detailed steps for doing this have been provided below.
1. Turn off each program running on your computer.
2. Now, shut down your computer.
3. Let your computer rest for 2 minutes.
4. Now, start your computer again.
5. Access AOL mail and see whether the http error 504 AOL mail is still there.
Fix 3: Try Another Browser to Access AOL Mail
In a few instances, your browser can prove to be incompatible. Or it may be out of date or problematic. Such being the cases, you may experience the AOL 504 gateway timeout error.
To overcome it, simply use another browser. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox will be a good choice. However, in our opinion, you can avoid Internet Explorer as it may not completely remove your problem.
Fix 4: Remove and Reinstall Your Browser
Web browsers work finely and smoothly. With time, however, you may begin to notice certain differences. It may start to work slowly or with less efficiency. Problems like the AOL gateway timeout 504 error may be coming up as a consequence of this.
Therefore, if the browser of your system is giving rise to this error, then you can consider removing it. Once removed, you can install the browser again. Afterwards, you can check AOL mail error-free.
Fix 5: Refresh the Mail Page of AOL
After receiving the AOL 504 gateway timeout error, did you try to refresh the mail page? If you did not, then now we will suggest you to do it. The error may not be as big as you may believe. Refreshing the mail page can instantly fix it.
Here, you can see the exact way to do it.
1. When you are on the mail page of AOL, hit the “F5” key.
2. The server connection will be made. Then check your AOL mail.
Fix 6: Open the Web Page Again
The AOL bad gateway 504 problem has been observed to emerge because of the issues in the web page. Here, we will advise you to close the web page. Then you can open it again to visit AOL. Afterwards, you can see whether the problem has been resolved.
Fix 7: Check that Proxy Settings have No Error
Several users of the AOL mail have shared that the proxy settings were incorrect. Hence, they were coming across the AOL error 504 frequently. Entering the correct proxy settings was the solution that worked well for them. You can also check these settings and correct them if needed.
Fix 8: Refresh Your System
The eighth fix for the AOL error message 504 gateway timeout has been acknowledged by many. This fix has shown quick results in removing the error. As per this fix, you can refresh your system.
To refresh it, you can try this set of steps.
1. Go to your desktop’s screen.
2. Hit the “F5” key a couple of times.
3. Wait for your system to be refreshed.
4. Now, ensure that the problem has been cleared.
Fix 9: Ensure Your Internet Connection is Proper
To prevent this problem of AOL gateway 504 timeout, you need to be sure that your internet connection is proper. A poor connection can result in several problems just like this one. In our suggestion, you can opt for a connection that gives you high speed and works error-free.
Fix 10: Clear Network Errors by Restarting Your Devices
The users who were recommended to restart their devices were able to remove the network problems. As soon as the network problems were erased, the AOL http error 504 stopped emerging.
This simple fix can be tried by you as well. It requires you to do 4 steps for restarting all your devices and making the network error-free.
1. Turn off your system, router as well as your modem.
2. Wait for some time.
3. Then switch on your system, router, and modem.
4. Lastly, access AOL mail.
The http error 504 AOL mail will no longer be found.
Fix 11: Start Your Operating System Again
In the last fix, we will advise you to start your operating system again. Unidentified problems with it may produce the AOL mail 504 gateway timeout error on your system. As soon as you restart the operating system, this error should stop persisting.
Still Can’t Fix Http Error 504 Gateway Timeout In AOL Mail. Contact the Support team on @ USA/Canada +1-866-496-0452 & UK +44 2896 002856
To Summarise the Above
By now, the meaning of the AOL mail error 504 would have been clear to you. You may also be in a position to understand the causes of this gateway timeout failure issue. Understanding everything about the error makes it quite simpler to fix it.
Would you like to access more such helpful reads? Go through the best way to change AOL email password. And get to know the right AOL email settings as well.
I get on my email account but unable to open the file. When I do I get an error and that is: Error of 504 Gateway Time Out. I can get on my cell Phone but not on my computer. I have not been on here for at least a month. I did a scan on my computer no issues I did a restart on my whole system tried again still the error
did you ever find the solution? I keep getting the same damn thing