Whether your Epson printer is printing too slow, not printing properly or is showing you an ink cartridge error, we are the champions at troubleshooting it. In this post on Epson printer troubleshooting, we will teach you quick fixes for settling several kinds of problems that the users of Epson printers usually face.
Now, let’s quickly throw a glance at these Epson printer problems and the ways in which you can fix them.
- Troubleshooting is a Solution for Various Epson Printer Problems
- Fix 1: Reduce Print Quality for Epson Printer Printing too Slow
- Fix 2: Set to Default for Print Jobs Not Being Sent to Epson Printer
- Fix 3: Unclog Printhead for Epson Printer not Printing Properly
- Fix 4: Reset Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer Empty Cartridge Error
- Fix 5: Resolving Slow Epson Wireless Printer by Placing it Near Your Router
- Fix 6: Using Authentic Epson Printer Ink Cartridges to Resolve Poor Quality Prints
- Epson Printer Models Compatible with Fixes
Troubleshooting is a Solution for Various Epson Printer Problems
We have fixes for the 6 most usual problems with Epson printers. Throw a quick glance at these Epson printer troubleshooting fixes. Make sure you check out each step before trying out the fix.
Fix 1: Reduce Print Quality for Epson Printer Printing too Slow
Reducing the print quality works as a great fix when your Epson printer is printing too slow. For reducing the print quality, you can change from the normal mode to the draft-printing mode. This Epson printer troubleshooting fix can be done in only 2 steps.
1. Choose “Print and Properties” on your Windows computer.
2. Then make changes to the default settings of the print quality. Set it to “Fast Draft”.
Pro Tip: In addition to changing the print quality, you can also choose to print website pages without including the graphics. Increasing the RAM of your printer will also work well.
Fix 2: Set to Default for Print Jobs Not Being Sent to Epson Printer
In certain situations, users of Windows found that the print jobs were not being directed to their Epson printers. Are you too witnessing the same? One reason for this is that your Epson printer may not have been set as the default printer. The same issue can also arise when you have upgraded your computer from Vista to Windows 7.
This problem can be fixed using the 4-step Epson printer troubleshooting fix given here.
1. Go to the “Start Menu” of your Windows 7 PC.
2. Choose “Devices and Printers”.
3. In the section of “Printers and Faxes”, you have to right-click on your Epson printer.
4. Finally, choose the option of “Set as Default Printer”.
Now that your Epson printer has been set as the default printing device, the print jobs will be automatically directed to it. To check, you can try giving a print command right away.
Fix 3: Unclog Printhead for Epson Printer not Printing Properly
Sometimes you may find your Epson printer not printing correctly. It may be printing too light. Or you may find horizontal lines present in the print. The main source of such prints can range from a clogged print head to dried out ink.
Unclogging the print head of your Epson printer will be one of the top Epson printer troubleshooting fixes for this problem. Let’s see how to do it.
1. On your Windows 7 computer, click on “Start”.
2. Tap on “Devices and Printers”. You can also open the “Control Panel”.
3. Search for the utility application for the printer.
4. Using the utility program, unclog the print head of your Epson printer.
Fix 4: Reset Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer Empty Cartridge Error
Your Epson printer may be showing you a message which says that the device is out of ink. We believe that resetting the ink cartridges will be a great Epson printer troubleshooting measure.
The 9 steps given here will help you in resetting the ink cartridges of your printer. Give these steps a glance.
1. On your Epson printer, tap the button with the home icon, in case required.
2. Now, choose “Setup”.
3. Tap on “Maintenance”.
4. Select “Reset Ink Levels”.
5. You will see various “Start” buttons. Select any one of these and press “Ok”.
6. Again press the “Ok” button.
7. For highlighting the refilled ink tank, use the arrow buttons for right and left. Then press “Ok”. You may want to repeat this step for all the refilled ink tanks.
8. Now, tap any one of the “Start” buttons and press “Ok”.
Fix 5: Resolving Slow Epson Wireless Printer by Placing it Near Your Router
Wireless Epson printers are really cool and efficient. At times, however, their speed may seem reduced. Thus, these might begin to give a slow performance.
If your wireless Epson printer is also very slow, then we have a few tips for you. Try these 3 worthwhile tips to improve the performance of your printing machine.
1. Place your wireless Epson printer close to your router. Keeping it out of the router’s range can affect its speed.
2. Ensure that your wireless Epson printer is supportive of the 802.11n spec.
3. The most important tip is to ensure that your internet is working and has good speed.
Fix 6: Using Authentic Epson Printer Ink Cartridges to Resolve Poor Quality Prints
Some users of Epson printers reported that they were unhappy with the quality of prints after using refilled or remanufactured ink cartridges. This is a big mistake that you need to avoid if you are facing the same.
Refilled or remanufactured ink cartridges or even third party products cannot beat the quality of the authentic ones. You may find a difference in the pricing, however, the quality of the prints will never disappoint you.
Epson Printer Models Compatible with Fixes
The Epson printer troubleshooting measures provided in this blog can be used for resolving problems in various models of the Epson L Printer series, Epson Stylus Printer series, Epson NX Printer series, Epson WorkForce Printer series, Epson XP printer series, and other such series. Some of the models of these series have been listed in the following table.
|Epson L120 Printer||Epson L210 Printer||Epson Stylus NX110 Printer||Epson NX420 Printer|
|Epson NX430 Printer||Epson WorkForce 633 Printer||Epson WorkForce 1100 Printer||Epson XP 340 Printer|
|Epson XP 430 Printer||Epson 2750 Printer||Epson CX7450 Printer||Epson R280 Printer|
So, these were the various kinds of Epson printer problems that you can face. With our easy methods for Epson printer troubleshooting, these problems will not persist for long on your machine. If you liked this blog, consider giving it a rating down below!