Want to know how to share WiFi password from iPhone to iPhone or other devices? Learn with us!
Earlier, the Apple devices required a third party in order to share your WiFi with other Apple devices. Fortunately, after the iOS 11 update, Apple made this easy for all the users to quickly share your WiFi password right from iPhone without using third party apps.
Not just this, the iPhone can share WiFi passwords to other iPhone, iPad, and Mac computers that are running macOS Sierra or later. In case you have no idea how to get this job done, the blog will explain how to share WiFi password from iPhone to iPhone and other Apple devices.
Furthermore, the blog will reveal the various ways to share the WiFi password to non-Apple devices such as Android and Windows PC.
- How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to iPhone/iPad?
- What If WiFi Password is Not Sharing?
- How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to MacBook?
- How to Share WiFi Password from Mac to iPhone?
- How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to Android Phone?
- How to Share WiFi Password from Android to iPhone?
- Share WiFi Password with QR Code WiFi (default) Feature on Android
- Share WiFi Password with QR Code Generator (third-party) App
- How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to Computer (Windows)?
How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to iPhone/iPad?
Before sharing your WiFi password from iPhone to other iPhone or iPad, you need to keep the following things into consideration.
- Make sure that both the devices (your iPhone and other iPhone or iPad) have the latest iOS, iPadOS version.
- WiFi and Bluetooth should be enabled on both devices.
- Turn off the Personal Hotspot, if enabled.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using the Apple ID.
- Ensure that the email address you are using for the Apple ID is saved in another user’s Contacts list. Their email address should also be saved in your Contacts list.
- While sharing the WiFi password, keep both the devices nearby (within Wi-Fi and Bluetooth range).
After ensuring the aforementioned things, you can follow the steps for how to share WiFi password from iPhone to iPad/iPhone. Let’s read!
First of all, set up WiFi on your iPhone to share WiFi to other devices.
- On your iPhone, launch the “Settings” app.
- Tap on “Bluetooth” and enable it. Once it is turned on, the toggle will turn Green.
- Now, go back to the main “Settings” and tap “WiFi”.
- Enable the “WiFi” and sign in to the WiFi network.
Now that you have signed into your WiFi network, the other device can be connected to your network. To understand better, follow these steps instructed below.
- Open the “Settings” app on another iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on “WiFi”.
- Select the same WiFi network to which your primary iPhone is connected.
- Once you see the prompt to enter a password, go to the primary iPhone, open WiFi, and tap “Share Password”.
This will allow the other iPhone or iPad to connect with the same WiFi network you signed in to your primary iPhone. However, both the devices must be within the Bluetooth range.
These are the steps for how to share WiFi password from iPhone to iPad/iPhone. You can follow them one by one to connect the other device to your WiFi network.
In case you are wondering how to share WiFi password from iPad to iPhone then the steps would be similar as mentioned above.
What If WiFi Password is Not Sharing?
Even after following the right way, there may be instances when you are unable to share or receive the WiFi password. In this troubling scenario, you can take care of the following ideas:
- Restart your iPhone and the other device.
- Check your Apple ID that is saved on your Contacts list.
- Download the software updates on both the devices (if available). For that, you can do the following:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update -> Download and Install.
- If you don’t see the download option then your iOS or iPadOS is up to date.
- Disconnect the WiFi connection and rejoin. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings -> WiFi and tap your network name.
- Then, tap the “i” icon and choose the “Forget this Network” option.
- Later you can rejoin it by entering the WiFi password.
- Reset your network settings on your iPhone. To do this, you can do the following:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings
- Reboot the router if no steps work.
This is how you can make your WiFi network work on your iPhone. Then, it will be easier for you to share the WiFi password from your iPhone to other iPhone and iPad or vice versa.
How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to MacBook?
If you wish to connect your WiFi from your iPhone to the MacBook, you can do that too. Before moving forward, make sure that your iPhone is unlocked and joined to the WiFi network.
Learn here with us how to share WiFi password from iPhone to MacBook in the following steps:
- On your MacBook, click on the WiFi icon. It should be located in the menu bar.
- Then, choose your WiFi network from the list.
Remember that you don’t need to enter the password on Mac (when prompted) as the iPhone user will do that.
- On the iPhone, tap on the “Share Password” button. Once you do so, the password on Mac will be filled automatically. As a result, both the devices will be connected to each other through a WiFi network.
- As the last step, tap on “Done” to finish the process.
How to Share WiFi Password from Mac to iPhone?
There may be scenarios when you prefer to join the WiFi network using your Mac computer. In the following steps, we will now learn how to share WiFi password from Mac to iPhone. Let’s get started!
Note: Before you get started, make sure that your Mac computer is connected to the WiFi network.
- On your iPhone, tap on “WiFi”.
- Select the WiFi network you want to connect to.
- Go to your Mac and click on the “Share Password” option.
- Click “Done”.
This is how you can provide WiFi to the iPhone user without telling them your password. It is a safe and secure way to share your WiFi connection.
How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to Android Phone?
If you or your friend ever need to connect your iPhone to the Android user, you should learn that too. Let’s learn how to share WiFi password from iPhone to Android phone without revealing the password.
To make the process easier, you can create the QR code on your iPhone and then share the WiFi to the Android phone. To understand better, you can follow these steps mentioned below:
- On your iPhone, open the “WiFi” through the Settings app or the “Control Panel”.
- Connect to the WiFi network. Find the SSID of your network and record it.
- Now, launch the App Store on the iPhone.
- Download the “Visual Code” app.
- Run it on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Add Code” option in order to create a QR code.
- Now, select the ‘Connect to WiFi” option located at the bottom under “or create code with action” category.
- Add the correct WiFi details such as Network Name, Password, and Security Type.
- Add the “QR code” label.
- Tap on the “Create Code” button.
- Confirm the action when prompted.
This is how you can generate the QR code on your iPhone. This will be stored in your QR code library. All you need to open it to see it in full size and tap on the Share button to share the code with Android or other devices.
The next step is to set up the QR code on the Android phone. Let’s know how to do that.
- Launch the Google PlayStore app.
- Download the “QR Visual Code” app.
- Run it on your Android phone.
- Scan the QR code you have created.
- Tap the “Connect” button.
This will connect the Android device with the WiFi network. So these are the steps for how to share WiFi password from iPhone to Android.
Tip: There are other WiFi QR code apps that exist on the Google PlayStore and App Store. It also includes the Qrafter app that assists you to connect to WiFi from iPhone to Android phones.
How to Share WiFi Password from Android to iPhone?
If you want to share the Wi-Fi from Android to iPhone then we have simple solutions for that. On Android devices, you can share the WiFi password in two different ways:
- With QR Code WiFi (default) Feature on Android
- With QR Code Generator (third-party) App
Now we will understand these two methods with a manual procedure. Let’s read them now!
Share WiFi Password with QR Code WiFi (default) Feature on Android
To share the WiFi password, you need to connect your Android phone to the WiFi network. Then, scan the QR code to share the network on the iPhone. Let’s know how to share WiFi password from Android to iPhone.
- Open the “Settings” app on Android.
- Click on “WiFi”.
- Choose your network to get connected.
- When you see the QR code on your screen, scan it using the iPhone. This will share the WiFi through the code without telling the password to other users.
In case you don’t find the QR code directly then you can tap on Share and share the QR Code with iPhone and other devices.
Note: QR code feature may not be available on all Android devices. However, after Android Q, the QR Code WiFi has been added as a default feature on Android devices.
Share WiFi Password with QR Code Generator (third-party) App
In case, your Android phone does not have QR Code WiFi feature then you still share the WiFi password. All it requires is the QR code generator app installed on your phone. Let’s know how to do that in the following steps.
- Launch Google PlayStore on your Android phone.
- Download the best “QR Code Generator” app.
- Run the app on your phone.
- Choose the menu and select the “WiFi” option.
- Select the “Network Type”.
- Now, you can enter the SSID/network name and password.
- Tap on “Generate”.
This will provide you a QR code through the app that can be shared with others. To connect the WiFi from Android to iPhone, you can open the Camera on iPhone and scan the QR code. When the iPhone detects the QR code with correct WiFi credentials, your iPhone will be connected to the WiFi in one touch.
How to Share WiFi Password from iPhone to Computer (Windows)?
Microsoft Windows has a new feature known as Wi-Fi Sense. It lets you share your WiFi password with other devices in the easiest way.
It is quite convenient to share your WiFi password with the WiFi Sense feature. All you have to do is set up the WiFi on Windows and then share it with the iPhone or vice versa. Let’s learn how to share WiFi password from iPhone to PC/Laptop.
Set up WiFi Sense on Windows Computer
- On your Windows 10, click on the “Start” button.
- Go to “Settings” app.
- Click on the “Network & Internet” tab.
- Select the “WiFi”.
- Choose “Manage WiFi settings”.
- On your WiFi Sense window, you will see two slider buttons:
- Connect to suggested open hotspots
- Connect to networks shared by my contacts
Share WiFi Password from iPhone to Windows
- Make sure that you have enabled the WiFi on your iPhone.
- Then, on your Windows PC, go to “Settings” app.
- Click on the “Network & Internet” tab.
- Select the “WiFi”.
- Choose “Manage WiFi settings”.
- Scroll down and choose “Manage known networks”.
- Now, you can pick the “WiFi network” that is enabled on the iPhone. This will share your iPhone’s WiFi on your Windows computer.
Share WiFi Password from Windows to iPhone
- Make sure that WiFi Sense is active on your Windows PC.
- Then, on your iPhone, tap on “WiFi”.
- Select the WiFi network that you enabled on Windows PC.
These are the best and effective ways for how to share WiFi password from iPhone to laptop (Windows) and vice versa.
WiFi is the most convenient way to connect to the internet wirelessly. Apple allows you to share a WiFi password without revealing it to anybody. In addition, it is safe, fast, and works efficiently connecting with a wireless connection.
In this blog, we have discussed how to share WiFi password from iPhone to iPhone and other Apple devices. Besides that, we have talked about several ways to share the WiFi password to other devices such as Mac, iPad, Android, and Windows.
Do you want more such guides on the iPhone? Check out the following articles that may be helpful for you.