My computer is running slow from last month. even antivirus is not working. So i want to hard reset my computer. But before that i want to keep my data on external device. I have a 500gb external hard disk. How do I backup my computer data to my external hard drive?
Hi there, came across your question and i will help you out with your question on How To Backup Your Computer To An External Hard Drive
Windows 10 offers a lot of backup option for your system so we will focus on using those instead of using other third party software solution to create a Backup on an external hard drive. The steps are pretty simple to create a full backup for your computer to an external drive. And worry not, if you do not know how much space you will need to store the backup, you can always connect the external hard drive to the computer and the backup wizard will let you know. Here is how you can start
- Connect the external hard drive where you want the backup your computer.
- On the windows 10 search bar, type in Control Panel and open Control Panel.
- On the left side of the menu screen, click on the System and Security.
- Go through the list and click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7)
- On the left side of the screen, click on the Create A System Image
- Upon clicking it, you will get an option where do you want to save the backup?
- Select on the check mark, On A Hard Disk
- On the drop down menu, select your external hard drive from the list and click on Next
- Which will take you to a new screen, Create A System Image showing the amount of hard drive disk space it may take up, and then click on Start Backup
This Backup wizard allows you to create a full backup of your computer to an external drive that includes everything on the main drive (ie usually the C drive) and the system reserved partition. Once the system image has been created, the computer will ask you if you want to create a system image disc. You can create an image by inserting a DVD on the CD/DVD drive to create one. If your computer does not have a DVD drive, you can skip this step.
If you are looking to shop to backup your computer to an external Hard Drive, i recommend shopping it from BestBuy as they offer some very good deals for top products. i purchased a WD 8TB USB 3.0 external hard drive from BestBuy and the product is awesome.