Have you ever experienced a situation wherein you have made a word document and accidentally lost it, just because you forget to save it? This problem is quite common with many people. What to do in such circumstances? In case, you want to know how to recover unsaved word document, you can take the help of the below mentioned steps.
How to recover unsaved word document on Mac?
To learn how to recover unsaved word document Mac, you can use any of the three ways, mentioned below.
Method 1: Recover from the Trash recovered items folder
- Open the Trash folder. Check out the Finder window called Trash and any files it contains.
- On the off chance that you do locate the Recovered things envelope, save the unsaved word file to the desired location in Mac.
Method 2: Using Temporary Folder
- Move to the ‘Finder’, explore to Go – > Go to folder.
- Type/private/var/organizers and discover the files named “Word Work File” inside a “Temporary items” folder.
- Drag organizers or files to the desktop.
- Save the Word file by clicking on File > Save As and save it to the desired location.
Method 3: Using Auto Recovery
- Close Word for Mac.
- Click on ‘Home’ on the ‘Go’ menu. Open the Documents folder, and afterward open the ‘Microsoft User Data’ folder.
- Find all the files that begin with the words “AutoRecovery save of”. Select the one you need to recover, rename the file. At that point, include the “.doc” file name extension at its end.
- Double tap the file. The document currently opens in Word for Mac.
- Click the File menu and select Save As. Type another name for the file into the Name field, select an organizer for the file and click the Save button.
Choose any of the above mentioned methods to learn how to recover unsaved word document Mac 2016.
How to recover unsaved word document 2010, 2013 and 2016?
With the below mentioned steps, learn how to recover unsaved word document 2013.
- Click on the File tab.
- Click the ‘Manage Document’ button.
- Click Recover Unsaved Documents from the drop down list.
- You will find an open dialog box showing a rundown of your unsaved recoverable Word documents. Select the Word document you wish to recover and click on the Open button.
- The recovered Word document is presently open and shows an information flag over the top prescribing that you Save the file.
- Click the Save As button and save your Word document.
Hope the above steps will help you to recover unsaved word document 2010.
How to recover unsaved word document 2007?
To learn how to recover unsaved word document 2007, you can try out two methods.
Method 1: Automatic Recovery
- Open Microsoft Word 2007.
- Search for the file on the rundown of accessible files in the “Document Recovery” sheet.
- Double tap on the file you wish to recover.
- Audit the file to check whether anything is absent.
- Save the Word document.
Method 2: Manual Recovery
- Open Microsoft Word 2007, and click on the “Workplace” image.
- Click “Word Options,” and select the ‘Save’ button.
- Confirm that the check box adjacent to “Save AutoRecover information every” is checked, and enter an alternate number on the off chance that you are unsatisfied with the current setting.
- Observe the “AutoRecover file area.”
- Open the AutoRecover organizer depicted above, and search for late files with the file extension .wbk.
- Double tap on the desired file, and pick Word 2007.
Use any of the above method to learn how to recover unsaved word document on Windows 10. also know about How to Add Watermark in Word Document.(Click Here)