I have had a similar HP Officejet Pro x476dw error code about a year back. I do not know what the technician did but from the looks of it, I thought I could resolve it myself. I am using anHP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP and the error message displayed from my printer is 0x6100002d. I would be very thankful if you can provide me with the steps on how to resolve the error code 0x6100002d.
Printhead error is common in HP Officejet Pro X476dw which occurs consistently is a little problematic. The list of HP Officejet Pro x476dw error codes is quite a handful and to resolve the error code 0x6100002d requires a manual effort of shifting the printer shaft. We will now illustrate you to help Clear Error Code 0x6100002d manually. This can be generally an issue with the ink system. You could either turn off the system and restart it again which could generally fix this issue. Also, dismantling the printer from your system and reinstalling can solve the issue.
Most of the times the error is caused by a worm wheel that is either locked which results in the up and down movement of the head or the cartridges. And it occurs when the head position is upwards resulting printer failure 0x6100002d. With insufficient voltage provided by the motor makes it hard for the head movement in the printer. It is possible that the motor may be worn out or faulty, and both cases require replacement.
How To Clear Error Code 0x6100002d manually In Hp Officejet Pro
The following step by step illustration shows how you can clear error codes 6100002D or 6100002E by adjusting the pick tire shaft on printers to clear the HP OfficeJet Pro x476dw printhead error. Follow the steps mentioned below :
1. Firstly press the power button on the front of the printer to turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord from the printer.
2. When working inside the printer, Make sure you have turned off the printer and disconnected it from the power source to avoid injury from electrical shock.
3. Next, slide the paper tray out of the printer until it stops printing.
4. Now, lift the front of the paper tray up, and then slide it all the way out of the printer.
5. If you observe that the white bushing at the end of the pick tire shaft is not correctly installed on the shaft, the printer reports error code 6100002D or 6100002E.
6. Now you may see that the shaft may move back and forth excessively.
7. Pull the shaft outside the printer to make the adjustments and the amendments easily.
8. Gently, rotate the shaft in the printer so that the notch on the black disk next to the pick tire is facing toward the right side of the printer.
9. Now, locate the white bushing on the end of the shaft. The white bushing might be incorrectly positioned on the shaft. If it is so, slowly slides the white bushing toward the end of the shaft.
10. Hold the shaft close to the pick tire steadily with one hand to keep the shaft stationary. Use a screwdriver gently to slide the white bushing into place.
11. Now, insert the paper tray back into the printer.
12. Reconnect the printer power cord.
13. And press the Power button to turn on the printer.
For immediate assistance, call Experts at USA/Canada +1-866-496-0452 & UK +44 2896 002856
Verify that the printer initializes correctly and no error message displays. If the error still persists you may need to replace the internal printhead or in fewer cases, replacement of the printer may be required. Do read the user guide manual to fully understand the working structure and the authenticity of the product. Contact the HP customer service for more insight and details.