We have an issue with HPx585z Color flow printer that error code 49.38.07 appears on the printer display, and we cannot do anything after the printer freezes. We turn the power off and on several times with the same result. Can you help me to make it work?
This error message 49.38.07 indicates that there is an exception error in the printer’s firmware
What you can do now:
Step one: Turn the printer off and then on
Turn the printer off, and then back on to clear the error.
Step two: Update the firmware
Current firmware needs to be downloaded from HP.com using a USB flash drive and the Preboot Menu.
– Download the latest firmware version of your printer model in a USB flash stick.
– Plug the USB flash stick in the USB port which is near to the printer’s screen.
– Enter the preboot menu of the printer, by touching the screen when the number “1/8” appears below the HP logo.
– Go to Administration -> Format Disk and select ok.
– Go to Administration -> Download -> Thumbdrive -> “The firmware appears” select it ok.
– After the firmware will have been installed, go back and select Continue.
The printer will now reboot