An audit trail can report and track all the edits made in the QuickBooks data file. When multiple users start amending this file, it starts becoming large. As a result, you may find that your software has started slowing down. Doing away with the trail can be an approach taken by you.
You can delete all the audit trail details at once or erase them one by one, according to your requirements. To understand how to clear an audit trail in QuickBooks, you should get familiar with the Condense Data option. An audit trail can be erased through this option found after you choose the Utilities button from the menu. Deleting it is also possible on QBDT. It can be done by selecting the process to cleanup the file and then performing the remaining procedure.
How Clear or Erase an Audit Trail in QuickBooks?
To erase or delete an audit trail in QuickBooks, users need to utilize the Condense Data tab. Click on the File menu on the QB homepage and head towards the Utilities button. Then you will have to push the said tab. Move to the What Transaction Do You Want to Remove page and go for an option that seems suitable. Now, press Next and look for the option that will help you in deleting or clearing all the Audit Trails at one time.
- Open the “Intuit QB” software.
- Tap on “File”.
- Next, move to “Utilities”.
- Press the “Condense Data” tab.
- Go to the window of “What Transaction Do You Want to Remove” and pick an option.
- Here, you need to select if you wish to erase a single transaction or remove all of them.
- Then push the “Next” button.
- Find the tab for removing all the audit trail details at once.
- In case only the information about a single audit trail is to be deleted, you will have to put a tick against the checkbox of it. Then remove the checks from the other boxes.
- Select “Don’t Create a Summary”.
- After that, pick “Condense”.
Tip: Other than the option to remove/delete audit trails in QuickBooks, you can also turn off the feature. Thus, the size of your data file may not increase and any changes in the functioning of the accounting software may not be observed.
How to Delete Audit Trail in QuickBooks Desktop?
In several programs or software, cleanup can be found as a useful process. It can help remove various things that you may not need. In QBDT too, such a process can be found. When you have to clear or delete the audit trail in QuickBooks Desktop, you may start the cleanup via the Utility option. It can be easily found right after opening the software. To start the process, you may tap on Clean up Company Data. Or, Condense Data can be selected as an alternative.To further understand how to clear audit trails in QuickBooks Desktop, please see here:
- Launch “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Click on the “Utility” button.
- In this step, opt between “Clean Up Company Data” and “Condense Data”.
- Choose the date span for clearing the audit trail.
- Now, press “Ok” for initiating the cleanup.
Please wait for this process to be over. Later, you may check whether or not it successfully worked. You may also notice that the software is no longer slowly working.
The audit trail can be a useful feature. In several instances, however, it can lead to unlikely changes in the functioning manner of the Intuit accounting software. Deleting the details in the trail can resolve these changes. Hence, the procedures to erase/remove them were thoroughly discussed in this post.