“QBW32.exe not responding” is a very common QuickBooks error that users often have to deal with while opening the QBW32.exe file. It generally occurs due to infected websites and spam. If you have been looking for solutions to fix this error, this guide will come in handy.
- What is QBW32.exe File Error?
- Effective Methods to Rectify QBW32.exe File Error
- Method 1: Reboot Your System
- Method 2: End QBW32.exe Process in Task Manager
- Method 3: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop
- Method 4: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Method 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
- Method 6: Perform Clean Install for QuickBooks
What is QBW32.exe File Error?
QBW32.exe is a type of QuickBooks file. It is connected with the QuickBooks Pro program and payroll value. Downloading new QuickBooks updates often leads to QBW32.exe file error and QuickBooks error QBW32.exe.
Types of QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
The QBW32.exe error can show the following types of errors on your screen as well:
- QuickBooks error QBW32.exe
- QBW32.exe not responding
- QBW32.exe running in the background
- QBW32.exe bad image
- APPCRASH QBW32.exe
- QBW32.exe entry point not found
- QBW32.exe error when opening
- QBW32.exe does not close
- QuickBooks runtime error QBW32.exe
What Causes QBW32.exe Not Responding Error?
QuickBooks error QBW32.exe is caused by the following reasons:
- QBWIN32.DLL is not available in the QuickBooks directory.
- QBW32.exe is probably removed from the QuickBooks directory.
- The name of the company file is long.
- QBWUSER.INI file is corrupted.
- The hard drive is damaged.
- There are some issues with the Windows operating system.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not installed properly.
- You are using the incompatible or outdated version of QuickBooks.
- Using wrong methods to open the file.
Effective Methods to Rectify QBW32.exe File Error
If there is a problem with your QBW32.exe file, you can perform the following troubleshooting methods. You can reboot the system, end the QBW32.exe file task, suppress QuickBooks Desktop, perform QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool, repair QuickBooks Desktop, repair QuickBooks Desktop, and perform a clean install for QuickBooks.
Let’s understand these methods one by one.
Method 1: Reboot Your System
Rebooting the system may help you rectify common errors. Hence, when you receive a QBW32.exe not responding error the first thing you should do is reboot your system.
Method 2: End QBW32.exe Process in Task Manager
When you confront the QBW32.exe file error, it is due to QBW32.exe running in background. You should close it down. This can be done directly through the Task Manager on a Windows computer. Here is how to do that:
- Click right on the Windows “Taskbar”.
- Then, select the “Start Task Manager”.
- Now, click on the “Process” tab.
- Go to “Image name header” to arrange results alphabetically.
- Hit the “End Process” button.
- Then, find the “QBW32.exe” file.
- Hit the “End Process” button.
Method 3: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop
By suppressing the QuickBooks, you may resolve problems associated with the QBW32.exe file. Here, we will suppress the QuickBooks Desktop while launching QuickBooks and opening a company file.
Suppress QuickBooks Desktop When Launching the App
- Hold down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard.
- Then, double click the “QuickBooks Program” icon.
- Now, press the “Ctrl” key until the “No Company Open” window displays on your screen.
Suppress QuickBooks Desktop When Opening Company File
- From the “No Company Open” screen, choose your “Company file”.
- Then, press the “Alt” key.
- Click on the “Open” button on the right.
Note: If you see a login page then you can free up the Alt key you have been holding. After adding your login details, you can again hold down the Alt key. But, if you do not see the login page, make sure you don’t release the Alt key as well.
- Hit the “OK” button.
This way you can suppress the QuickBooks Desktop. All you have to ensure that you don’t release the Alt key until your company files are completely open.
Method 4: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Another fixation method to solve errors such as QBW32.exe does not close is to run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. This tool helps you to fix the issue in certain ways. Here is how to download and run the QBinstall tool:
- Download “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”.
- Save the download file on your computer.
- Now, close all the programs that are opened currently. Then, launch “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”.
Tip: Alternatively, you can download QuickBooks Tool Hub as this is a multi-purpose tool to repair QuickBooks errors and repair company files. All you have to do is run QuickBooks Tool Hub, choose the Installation Issues tab on the left, and use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button.
The whole process might take up to 20 minutes. Once done, you can reboot your system. By using this tool, you can fix problems that prevent you from proceeding with the installation process.
Method 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks programs often create problems due to which you face problems related to the QBW32.exe file. Hence, in this method, you are required to repair QuickBooks Desktop. This procedure includes a number of the following:
- Repair the “QuickBooks installation” process.
- Now, download and run “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” on your computer.
- Then, perform “QuickBooks clean re-installation” by using the “Clean install tool”.
- Then, you can repair “Microsoft components” manually.
- In addition, you can reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft MSXML, reinstall Microsoft Visual C++.
- Run the reboot.exe file.
By doing so, you can repair corrupt installation files or company files. In case you are not tech-savvy then you can ask for assistance from some experts or IT professionals.
Method 6: Perform Clean Install for QuickBooks
If you are still facing the QBW32.exe error when opening the file, you can perform a clean install. This will not affect the accounting data.
To initiate this clean install process, you are required to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop, rename the QuickBooks folder, and reinstall the compatible version of the QuickBooks program on your computer. Here is how to do that:
Keep the Necessary Information to Use Later
- Download QuickBooks installer based on the QuickBooks version.
- Note down the license number of your QuickBooks software. This must be available on your software packaging or if you have purchased the QuickBooks software online then you should check your emails that contain the product information.
- Also, note down the QuickBooks year and version.
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop from Control Panel
Once done collecting the product information, you can continue uninstalling the QuickBooks software from your Windows computer:
- Type “Control Panel” in the Windows search bar.
- Go to “Control Panel” when it appears in the result.
- Now, select the “Uninstall a program” option.
- Click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- Then, go to the “Uninstall a Program” option.
- Now, select the “QuickBooks” program from the list of all programs.
- Then, click on the “Uninstall/Change” button.
- Click on the “Remove” option.
- Hit the “Next” button.
Rename Installation Folders
Now that you have uninstalled the QuickBooks software, you can search for the QuickBooks company files to rename them.
- To find this folder, you can use any of the following locations:
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- Now, click right on the folder.
- Choose the “Rename” button.
- Mention “.old” at the last of this file name.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Download the QuickBooks software based on the version of your Windows operating system.
- Save the file “QuickBooks.exe.” on the preferred location.
- Follow the instructions that appeared on your screen.
- Accept the “License Agreement” and hit the “Next” button.
- Now, add the “Product and License Key” you have noted down earlier.
- Hit the “Next” button.
This way you can activate your QuickBooks software as a new program. Along with that, all the corrupted files and errors will be repaired.
Having problems with QuickBooks files are common. This happens due to the corrupted company file or outdated version of QuickBooks. If you repair the software or company file, you can easily get rid of unwanted errors.
In this guide, we have given you the best possible method to fix QBW32.exe file errors. So, when QBW32.exe not responding, you can try any of the methods to avoid conflicts.
Facing other types of errors in QuickBooks? If so, go through the following guides to find out the effective solutions: