When you send emails or invoices via emails to your clients and customers, you may bump into a QuickBooks email crash error. Either the problem is with your QuickBooks program and the email services you are using to send emails. To find out the actual cause, we are here with another guide. Here, we will draw your attention to why QuickBooks crashes when emailing invoices. Along with this, we will help you to fix this email problem.
In this detailed guide, you will find out the best possible causes of QuickBooks email crash errors and troubleshooting methods to repair them.
- Why QuickBooks Crashes When Emailing Invoices?
Why QuickBooks Crashes When Emailing Invoices?
QuickBooks uses Outlook as the default email service. However, users can go with other email services. If your email service has any kind of issues such as misconfiguration then you may find issues while sharing invoices via emails. We are listing the possible factors that are responsible for the QuickBooks email crash error.
- Windows computers are either running the old version or using the new version that needs some configuration.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software may be the reason you are facing email errors.
- Large data files can also cause email errors.
- Microsoft Office such as Excel and Word services have stopped working.
- Microsoft components are corrupted.
- Corrupted hard drives could also be the reason that QuickBooks crashes when sending email invoices.
- The data file is corrupted.
- QuickBooks is unable to communicate with clients or email servers.
- The name of the company is too long.
- Third-party applications have removed the necessary QuickBooks files and data.
- Virus activities have affected QuickBooks or Windows servers.
- Windows Firewall has blocked QuickBooks due to which it cannot communicate to the server.
Windows restrictions and misconfigurations are the main reason that you find errors when sending emails. However, you can resolve the QuickBooks email crash error.
What to Do to Fix QuickBooks Email Crash?
If QuickBooks crashes when sending email invoices, you should check if your Outlook email services are up to date. If not then you should upgrade Outlook to the latest version. Thereafter, you can apply the required email settings or add a new email account to Outlook. If these methods don’t help you then try to run QuickBooks in the Compatibility mode to avoid errors.
In addition, you can update QuickBooks Desktop and add new ports to the Windows Firewall. To make the process for you, we are explaining each method in detail.
Fix 1: Check the Outlook Version
Before moving forward, it is necessary to check the current version of Outlook. As stated before, QuickBooks users prefer to use Outlook as a default email service. If the version of Outlook is outdated then you may encounter email errors. Thus, you should check the new Outlook updates and upgrade it to the latest version. If QuickBooks crashes after sending email then you can move on to the next fix.
Fix 2: Adjust the Email Settings
It is important to check the email settings and verify which profile you are using. To verify this, you will have to go to the Control Panel, choose your email service, and open the email set up to view the profile.
You can take help from the following steps:
- Press the “Windows” button to open the search bar.
- Then, click on the “Control Panel”.
- Switch to the “Mail” option.
- Now, select the “Microsoft Outlook” service.
- Here, you need to search for the “Mail Set Up” option.
- Then, click on the “Show Profile”.
- If you find the “Always use this profile” option selected then you have to choose the profile and apply it.
- Make sure that you always use this profile.
- Then, click the “Apply” and “OK” buttons.
Once you apply the required settings, you can close the QuickBooks Desktop. Later, you can relaunch it and try sending email invoices. If QuickBooks 2017 crashes when sending email, you can also try creating a new email profile for Outlook.
Fix 3: Add an Email Account to Outlook
If your Outlook account is creating problems then you can try adding an email account to it. All you have to do is launch Outlook, add an email address, and password. Later Outlook will test the server settings.
Here is the step by step guide:
- Open an “Outlook” account.
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Then, select the “Add Account” option.
- Enter the email address for the new account.
- Click the “Connect” button.
- After that, Outlook will check the server settings.
- Once done, you can add the password for that email.
- Click the “OK” button.
As you finish the setup of a mail account, you can check to send an invoice via that email. This must have fixed the issue by now. Yet QuickBooks 2018 crashes when sending email, you can choose the next fix.
Fix 4: Enable Compatibility Mode
By enabling compatibility mode, you can run QuickBooks without conflicting errors. All you have to do is open the QuickBooks Properties, and check compatibility mode from the Compatibility tab.
To know in detail, you can go through the following steps:
- Locate the “QuickBooks software” icon and click right on it.
- From the right-click context menu, you can choose the “Properties” option.
- Here, you move to the “Compatibility” tab.
- In the “Compatibility” tab, you need to find the “Run program in compatibility” checkbox and place the checkmark for it.
- After that, click the “OK” button.
After you apply these settings in the Properties menu, QuickBooks becomes eligible to run in the compatible mode. You will not find any trouble when emailing the invoices to customers.
Fix 5: Install New QuickBooks Updates
Intuit sends new updates for QuickBooks accounting software to support additional features. It also helps to enhance the performance of the software. However, not installing these updates may create conflicts later. Hence, it is important to check the new updates and install them immediately.
If QuickBooks 2016 crashes when sending email, you can update QuickBooks software by following these steps:
- First of all, make sure the QuickBooks program is shut down.
- To find the updates, use the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard while opening the QuickBooks program on your PC.
- After this, go to the “Help” tab.
- Here, you can search for the “Update QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- Then, press the “Update Now” option.
- Once done, click the “Get Updates” button.
- When prompted, click the “OK” button.
Once done performing these steps, you can shut down your QuickBooks Desktop and relaunch the software. While the program restarts, you can continue downloading the new updates if prompted. After that, you can try sending an email to verify if QuickBooks crashing when emailing invoices.
Fix 6: Add QuickBooks Service to Windows Firewall and Ports
To add QuickBooks service to the firewall, you have to set up an inbound and outbound rule. By doing so, Windows Firewall will not restrict QuickBooks to access the server. To get this job done, we will use the Control Panel.
Continue following these steps to configure Windows Firewall for QuickBooks:
- Click on the “Start” button placed on the bottom left.
- Type “Firewall” in the search bar.
- Choose the “Windows Firewall” service when it appears in the result.
- From the “Advanced Settings”, click right on the “Inbound Rules” button.
- Click the “New Rule” option.
- Now, go to the “Programs” section and click the “Next” button.
- Select the “This Program Path” section.
- Now, start browsing your QuickBooks file location.
- Press the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Allow the Connection” option.
- Hit the “Next” button again to apply changes.
- Here, you have to ensure that the checkboxes are selected.
- After that again click the “Next” button.
- Now, enter the name for creating the new rule.
- Click the “Finish” button.
Now, you are done creating the inbound rule. You can follow the same process for creating the outbound rule. As soon as you add both the rules to Windows Firewall, your QuickBooks program can work efficiently.
To Wrap Up
It is common to find errors when using QuickBooks or sending emails to customers. There can also be instances when you apply the wrong setting to your email services. As a result, it shows a QuickBooks email crash error. By configuring the email settings and QuickBooks software, you can get rid of such errors.
For more such guides, you can check out the following links to repair QuickBooks errors: