Did you just encounter QuickBooks error 12152 on your screen? If so, you should fix this now. Error 12152 can affect the functionality of your QuickBooks as well as your Windows computer. For instance, your PC can get slow or freeze after you run any program.
This may be annoying at a certain level as you cannot perform specific actions due to the absurd behavior of your PC. Thus, we bring you the best and effective solutions with the help of which you can fix this QuickBooks error and your system uninterruptedly.
In this particular blog, you will discover the causes and symptoms of QuickBooks error 12152 along with troubleshooting methods to resolve the error.
- What Causes Error 12152 in QuickBooks?
What Causes Error 12152 in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks error 12152 can be caused due to several reasons. Here, we are listing some of the factors that can be responsible for error code 12152.
- When your QuickBooks fails to write or read the license data, the error code 12152 is likely to appear.
- If your Windows API keys are not working properly then you can also see errors.
- An outdated version of QuickBooks can create issues with the internet connection.
- QuickBooks update error 12152 can also occur due to the wrong or incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- A malware attack can also cause error 12152 in QuickBooks.
Related Topic: Find QuickBooks License Number and Product Number
These are the possible reasons that may inject error 12152 in QuickBooks. Some other reasons such as improper framework shutdown, deletion of a necessary framework, etc., can also lead to unwanted errors in QuickBooks. However, this error can be resolved if treated accordingly.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Update Error 12152?
Before moving forward, one should know how your system or QuickBooks behave when this error takes place.
- Your computer will start breaking down especially when you run programs.
- If your system ran into QuickBooks error 12152, the PC hangs often.
- The system behaves sluggishly to keyboard inputs or mouse.
- Your computer might also get frozen periodically.
This is how your computer can react when it is bothered by errors. If you observe any of the strange activity or constantly see the pop-up saying QuickBooks error 12152 then you should take action in order to eliminate the error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12152?
QuickBooks update error 12152 can be fixed if you configure the settings of your system or internet. If you have no idea about resolving this error then you should not worry.
Here, in this guide, we will take you through a number of methods that you can implement to fix the QuickBooks update error 12152.
It includes checking up the date and time settings, internet settings, changing the backup file extension, reinstalling the QuickBooks software, and restoring your system.
We will now explain all these methods with a manual procedure. You can pick your methods and implement them carefully to eliminate QuickBooks update error 12152. Let’s get started!
Method 1: Check the Time and Date Settings of Your PC
Before you move forward, the first thing you can do is to check the time and date settings of your system. If the settings are wrong, you should correct it with the right time and date. Here is how to find it out.
- Firstly, check the date and time that your system is showing.
- If it is wrong, then click right on the time and date located on the bottom right.
- Then, click on the “Change date/time”.
- After that, you can restart your QuickBooks software and verify if the QuickBooks error 12152 persists.
Those who have Windows 10 can change the settings manually. To understand the procedure, you can pursue the following steps:
- Go to the “Settings”.
- Click on the “Time & Language” option.
- Click on the “Date & Time” page.
- Set the correct time by clicking on the “Set time automatically” option.
- Also, make sure that the correct time zone is selected in the “Time zone” section. In case it’s not then you should correct it using the drop-down menu.
- You can also enable the “Adjust for daylight saving time automatically” option if it applies to the time zone.
When you are done adding the right time and date, make sure that you restart the system. After that, you can verify if the QuickBooks error 12152 persists. If yes then you should configure the internet settings. Know more in the next method.
Method 2: Configure the Internet Settings
Error 12152 in QuickBooks can occur due to the wrong internet settings. Therefore, in this method, you are required to check your internet settings in the following steps:
- Click on the “Start” menu.
- Type “Control Panel” in the search field and open it when it appears in the result.
- Then, find “Internet Options” and click on it.
- In the “Internet Properties” window, switch to the “Advanced” tab.
- Select the “Advance reset” option.
This is how you can reset the internet settings. Once done, you can check if you still find QuickBooks update error 12152. If so then you should try reinstalling the program. Read below to know more.
Method 3: Reinstall the QuickBooks Software
Sometimes, minor bugs can also be the reason behind unwanted errors. To remove QuickBooks error 12152, you should uninstall and then reinstall the program on your system. Later you can scan the software to work properly. Here is how to do it:
- First of all, uninstall QuickBooks software from your system.
- Then, download the QuickBooks desktop latest version from the official platform.
- After that, launch QuickBooks software on your computer.
- Then, click on the “Scan” option.
- If you see any of the errors displayed on your screen, click on the “Repair All” option.
This is how you can kick out errors from your system. All you have to reinstall and scan the software to repair errors if available.
Method 4: Restore your Computer
By restoring your system, you can fix a number of errors present in your QuickBooks software. To restore your PC, one has to log in as an administrator. To do so, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
Must Read: How to take Backup and Restore Files in QuickBooks?
- Before moving forward, restart your computer.
- Then log in to your Windows computer with admin credentials.
- Now, hit the “Start” menu located on the bottom left.
- Type “System Restore” in the search bar and open it.
- In the “System Restore” window, click on the date and time in which you want your system to be (choose the date and time when your system was not having any errors).
- Hit the “Next” button.
- Then, choose the latest restore points.
- Confirm your action and hit the “Next” button.
Once you are done following these steps, you can wait for the process to complete. After finishing the restoration process, you can reboot your device. This will surely fix the QuickBooks error 12152.
Method 5: Use Windows Registry Editor
In this method, we will use the Windows Registry editor so that you can change the backup file extension. While performing this method, one has to be very careful as this may create conflicts in your Windows system. You can take help from the following instructions:
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Type “Command” in the search bar.
- Use “Ctrl + Shift” keys on your keyboard.
- Then, hit the “Enter” button.
- When you see the “User Account” dialog box, hit the “Yes” button.
- In the “Command” window, type “Regedit”.
- Hit the “Enter” key.
- In the “Registry Editor” window, select a key related to QuickBooks update error 12152 such as Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- Now, click on the “Export” option located in the “File” menu.
- Then, store the Internet Explorer or Google Chrome key in a specific folder.
- Rename the folder to recognize easily.
- Choose the location to store the folder.
- Then, click on the “Save” button.
Once done performing these steps, you should check if the .reg file has been saved on your computer. This should also solve the error 12152 in QuickBooks.
In a Nutshell
QuickBooks is a quite beneficial program to handle your transactions or business records you can also record your daily sales. However, you may be bumped into some errors that may lead to poor functionality. Error 12152 in QuickBooks is one of those errors that affect not only your QB program but also the Windows system.
Fortunately, you can fix such errors if you understand the cause of them. In this guide, we have talked about a number of methods using which you can kick out error 12152. For instance, you can verify the date and time settings of your system, internet settings, change the backup file extension, reinstall the QuickBooks software, and restore your Windows system.
Hopefully, you find this guide helpful! In case you have any queries let us know in the common section.
If you are curious to know more about QuickBooks accounting software then check out the following links that you may find helpful.