QuickBooks Error 15222 displays on your screen when you download Payroll in QuickBooks. If you have stumbled upon this error and don’t know how to deal with it then stick through this guide. Here we will provide easy and effective solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error code 15222. Let’s get started!
The blog focuses on the causes of QuickBooks update error 15222 and what troubleshooting methods you need to follow.
- Learn about QuickBooks Error Code 15222
- Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15222
- Method 1: Update Anti Spyware Software
- Method 2: Install Digital Signature
- Method 3: Check Your Internet Settings
- Method 4: Test Cipher Strength
- Method 5: Update Your IE Settings
- Method 6: Disable Firewall and Network Protection
- Method 7: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
Learn about QuickBooks Error Code 15222
Although QuickBooks update error 15222 is associated with payroll, there can be other reasons that you encounter this particular error. For instance, when you download the payroll or update your QuickBooks Desktop, you might receive this error during the download process.
Related Topic: Generate Payroll Report in QuickBooks
The error message can appear on your screen saying The probable reason for the error 15222 is browser incompatibility. Now, there can be multiple reasons behind this error. It includes antimalware, antispyware, or anti-adware count downloadable or updates files as threats. Know more in further detail.
What Could be the Reason Behind QuickBooks Update Error 15222?
As said earlier, there can be numerous reasons that you encounter QuickBooks Error 15222. Some of the factors are mentioned below:
- You have not set your Internet Explorer as a default browser.
- Antimalware and Antispyware count QuickBook’s new updates as a threat.
- Your Internet Explorer function does not work for the digital signature registration.
- QuickBooks Error 15222 can also be associated with anti-virus software.
Now that you know the factors that may affect your QuickBooks functions, you can take action accordingly. In the following discussion, we will provide you troubleshooting methods using which you can quickly get rid of QuickBooks error code 15222.
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15222
To resolve this unwanted error, we will start with the basics. For instance, we will first update the antispyware software so that the QuickBooks functions can work under no restrictions.
Thereafter, we will try installing the digital signature certificate, check internet connection settings, make your Internet Explorer your default browser, test cipher strength, update IE settings, disable firewall and network protection on your Windows computer.
If required, you can also run the QuickBooks Tool Hub. This will assist you to fix a number of errors such as programs and company files. Let’s go through each method with a manual procedure.
Method 1: Update Anti Spyware Software
The first and foremost method is to update Anti Spyware or Anti-malware software on your computer. If you are using any of the antivirus software programs, make sure that you upgrade the version. Once done, you need to allow the exceptions which are as follows:
- QuickBooks.com, Payroll.com, Intuit.com
- Qbupdate.exe and qbw32.exe
Once you update the software and allow these exceptions, the error would be removed. In case this method does not help, you switch to the next one.
Method 2: Install Digital Signature
As we said, missing a digital signature certificate can create problems. Hence, in this method, we will teach you to install the digital signature certificate in the following steps:
- Close the QuickBooks program if it is opened otherwise you won’t find the digital signature tab.
- In the WIndows search bar, type “QBW32.exe”. It should be located in the C:\ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Then, click right on the “Digital Signature” tab.
- Also, make sure that Intuit Inc. is chosen in the list of signatures.
- You can also view your certificate by clicking on the “View Certificate”.
- Then, in the “Certificate” window, click on the “Install Certificate”.
- Hit the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Finish”.
After performing all these actions, you can reboot your device. Thereafter, launch the QuickBooks software. In the end, you can download the update. This should solve the QuickBooks update error 15222.
Method 3: Check Your Internet Settings
Wrong internet settings can lead to QuickBooks Error 15222. In such cases, one should check the internet connection settings. In addition, make your Internet Explorer a default web browser. To do so, you can go through the following instructions:
Method 3.1: Set Internet Explorer as Default Web Browser
- Launch “Internet Explorer” on your computer.
- Click on the “gear icon” located on the top right.
- Select “Manage Add-ons”.
- Click on the “Search Providers” tab.
- Right-click the provider and choose the “Set as default” option.
Alternatively, you can go to the Settings -> Programs tab -> click Mak default under the default web browser option -> click OK.
Note: Microsoft launched Edge Chromium as well. However, it is not supported by QuickBooks. Hence, use Internet Explorer for running QuickBooks.
Method 3.2: Configure Internet Settings
Another step to take is to make sure the date and time of your system are correct. In case it is not then you should change it and select the right zone. Once you adjust the settings correctly, you can check if the error persists.
Method 4: Test Cipher Strength
Cipher strength should be in the right manner. If it is not in the right strength, the error is likely to appear. Therefore, it is important to check it. To examine the cipher strength, one should do the following:
- Visit “Intuit.com”.
- Then, click on the “File” option on the menu options.
- Go to “Properties”.
- Start the connection and look for the number that must be mentioned before the bit encryption.
Cipher strength should not be less than 128 encryption. In case the cipher strength is less than 128 encryption then it indicates that your Internet Explorer is corrupt or damaged. Thereafter, you can take action accordingly.
Method 5: Update Your IE Settings
By upgrading the IE settings, you can fix a number of issues related to the internet connection. Below are the following steps to examine and update the settings.
- Click on the “Tools” option.
- Click on the “Internet Options”.
- Users have to remove the temporary browser files excluding the “Cookies”. For that, choose the “Delete” option in the “General” tab.
- Now, switch to the “Connections” tab to check the “LAN” settings.
- Check the box located next to the “Automatically Detect Settings”.
- In case you don’t access the Proxy server then make sure that they remain blank.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Now, switch to the “Advanced” tab.
- Check the box to select “SSL 3.0” and “SSL 2.0”.
Note: Make sure that there is no option selected against the Check for publisher’s certificate. In case you find any checkmarks placed, remove them immediately.
- In the “Advanced” tab, go downwards and place the checkmark for “TLS 1.2”.
- Also, make sure that “TLS 1.1” and “TLS 1.0” are not selected.
Once done configuring the browser settings, you can try updating or downloading Payroll. The error should be fixed now.
Method 6: Disable Firewall and Network Protection
Due to the firewall presence on your system, QuickBooks might not perform efficiently. In such a scenario, you can disable firewall and network protection. To do so, pursue these steps:
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select the “Update & Security” option.
- Click on the “Windows Security” option.
- Go to “Open Windows Security”.
- Click on the “Firewall and Network Protection” under the “Windows Security” window.
- Now, select “Domain, Public, and Private Network manually and disable the “Microsoft Defender Firewall” option.
These are the steps for turning off the firewall and network protection. By doing so, you can resolve unwanted errors such as QuickBooks Error 15222.
Method 7: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
If you are having problems with your program or viewing QuickBooks error code 15222 then you should choose this component to fix the issues.
This can be done using three ways:
- Quick Fix my program
- QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool
- QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair Tool
When you encounter program problems, you can first hit the Quick Fix my program. This is a basic method that should be performed at first. The process might take a minute and will repair the program.
In case the process does not help then you can run the QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool. Once you run this tool, it goes through the different repair processes for the Microsoft components. The process might take around 20 minutes. It also may require a reboot.
After performing all the two methods, if you are still having issues with your program then you can click on the QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair Tool button. This will help you to fix issues related to printing or emailing inside of QuickBooks.
Fixing QuickBooks Error 15222 is not a tedious task. All you have to navigate through the internet browser settings and add the missing components such as a digital signature certificate.
In this guide, we have given you the most effective methods to check internet connection settings, make your Internet Explorer your default browser, test cipher strength, update IE settings, disable firewall and network protection on your Windows computer.
By implementing these methods, you can resolve the error and access your QuickBooks software with no restrictions.
If you are bothered by other QuickBooks errors such as QuickBooks Errors 0, you can go through this guide to discover the best methods. Besides that, learn how to merge vendors in QuickBooks in an easy way.