QuickBooks stores several files that can be opened anytime on the server. However, when updating the software or opening any form, you might encounter certain problems due to these files. One of the main issues to confront is the QuickBooks error the file you specified cannot be opened or specified.
This error message indicates that your system can’t open the file because it is either the read-only document or already in use by different programs. This issue can be faced on different occasions, for instance, while updating the payroll account, and opening the payroll state or federal forms. To fix this problem, one has to understand the main cause and execute the fixes accordingly.
- Causes of QuickBooks Error the File You Specified cannot be Opened
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error Message- The File You Specified Cannot Be Opened?
- Fix 1: Login QuickBooks with Admin Rights
- Fix 2: Correct Windows Permissions
- Fix 3: Configure UAC Settings
- Troubleshooting QuickBooks 2012/2013 the File You Specified cannot be Opened
Causes of QuickBooks Error the File You Specified cannot be Opened
The file you attempt to open cannot be accessed when you are using the incorrect ID and password provided by the admin. Similar to this, running the QuickBooks or Windows account without admin privileges may also prevent you from performing certain actions. There can be other reasons that your system restricts you to view the file.
- When the QB file is corrupted or damaged, it can create problems while you open it.
- The error can appear when the file you are opening is already opened on another server.
- When the update of the accounting program fails or is not done properly, it can show QuickBooks error the file specified cannot be opened.
- Malware or virus attacks may have affected the company files.
- Insufficient permission of your system may restrict you to open the file.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Message- The File You Specified Cannot Be Opened?
You should ensure that QuickBooks is updated to the most recent version to avoid any errors. On still finding it difficult to open the file, you should log in to the QB account as an administrator. The same should be done for Windows PC as well. Afterward, you can have all the privileges such as opening the file you specified with no error message appearing. Apart from this, giving full control to the users and configuring UAC settings on Windows can save you from the QuickBooks error the system cannot find the path specified.
Fix 1: Login QuickBooks with Admin Rights
Running programs without any admin privileges stops you from performing certain actions. This could be the reason why the QuickBooks file you specified cannot be opened. To resolve this, you can try to log in to your account with admin rights. This might help you to open the file you are seeking.
- Locate the “QuickBooks” icon from the desktop screen. When it is unavailable, you can also use the Windows search bar to browse.
- When you see “QuickBooks” in the result, right-click on it.
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, run the required update in your account such as payroll.
As you run your account as an administrator and start the necessary payroll update, you can relaunch QuickBooks to check for the error.
Fix 2: Correct Windows Permissions
Incorrect settings of your operating system have a direct impact on the programs installed on it. Therefore, it is important to configure your system properly for running QuickBooks error-free and accessing all the specified files. To do so, Windows Explorer can be used. From here, you can change the permissions. You can visit Properties and use the menu to fix the configuration.
- Launch “File Explorer” using the Windows taskbar.
- Locate “QuickBooks” from the list.
- Now, right-click on the QB program.
- Select the “Properties” menu.
- Choose the “Security” option.
- Click “Edit” and press the “Add” button.
- Then type “Everyone” and select “Ok”.
- In the “Security” window, use “Full Control”.
- Press “Ok”.
- Now, click “Add” again.
- After this, type “Users” and tap on “Ok”.
- Choose “Full Control” and click “Ok”.
- Once done, push the “Apply” button.
- Press “Ok” and close this window.
Once you allow other users to have full control of this system, the QB company file can be opened easily on your computer.
Tip: To avoid the QuickBooks error the file you specified cannot be opened afterward, make sure that the settings remain rightly configured. Some programs may cause them to be modified. You can regularly check them with the fix shown above.
Fix 3: Configure UAC Settings
User Account Control (UAC) helps to set levels of user authorization within the system. A standard user can have basic privileges until the admin assigns new rights to the user. By controlling its settings, you can turn it off or on the Windows system. This might allow you to open the company file. Thus, limiting the occurrence of the “QuickBooks the File Specified cannot be Opened” error message.
- Open “Control Panel” from the system search bar on Windows PC.
- Then, look for the “UAC settings” and open them.
- Now, move the UAC slider to the “Never Notify” status. This will turn off the UAC settings on Windows.
- Alternatively, you can move the slider to “Always Notify” to turn it on.
In case it prompts you to enter the password, you can add it to confirm your action. Later, you can reboot or restart your PC to reflect these changes.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks 2012/2013 the File You Specified cannot be Opened
Intuit has different versions of the QuickBooks software such as 2012 and 2013. If you encounter the error “the File You Specified Cannot be Opened” in QuickBooks 2012/2013, please check the internet connection. Change or resolve issues with it as required. After this, you can clean install the software when the error persists. You have to open Windows Settings. Here, look for Apps and then access the features. This option should help you uninstall the program and clean install it again.
- To remove the QB software, click the “Start” menu on Windows.
- Select the “Settings” icon.
- Go to the “Apps” option.
- Select the “Apps & Features” tab.
- Locate your QB version and right-click on it.
- Select “Uninstall” and confirm the action when it prompts.
After successfully removing the Intuit software, you can restart your computer. Then, continue downloading the most recent version on the system. Make sure that you download the compatible version for your PC.
- Browse the “Downloads” folder where the QB file is downloaded.
- Now, run the file with a double click.
- Pursue the instructions on your screen to complete the installation.
- Press the “Finish” button.
Once your accounting software is downloaded and installed successfully, you can refresh the PC. Thereafter, attempt to open the company file. Now, you may not see the error message “The File You Specified Cannot Be Opened” in QuickBooks 2013/2012.
To Sum Up
When you are unable to open or view the file in QuickBooks, it could happen due to the outdated program. Several other reasons, like the ones shown here, may also prevent you from opening the file. On finding that the path is not specified, you can repair the QB program as well as implement various fixes. Ensure that you implement them as per the need of the situation for greater effectiveness.