Snapchat is one of the familiar social media messaging application that users can use to send or share photos or videos to and with their friends. The point is that the pictures you have shared on Snapchat will be expired after some minutes, say ten minutes. So, you can send or share your funny pictures too on Snapchat without thinking a lot about it as it will be expired after some time. At times, your contacts may want to take a screenshot of your picture or something you have shared on Snapchat.
This is something that you cannot stop, but what Snapchat does is that it notifies the person when you take a screenshot of their picture or story. If you want to take a screenshot of another person’s snap with them knowing, you have to know how to do it. The following points will let you know how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. There are totally four ways to do it. Let us discuss the ways.
Ways to Take Screenshot Without Them Knowing
- Clearing App Data
This is one of the long difficult processes, but you do not need to load or install any third-party application on your device. This idea is simple. All you have to do is to let the Snapchat loads the pictures, turn off your wifi or internet connection and take a screenshot. Now, ahead of Snapchat can send any such notification to the sender, you clear the app cache and data from settings.
Here is how to clear the app cache,
- Open the Snapchat and let the needed picture load fully.
- Turn off your internet connection or switch on the airplane mode and open the snap
- Now, take a screenshot.
- Now, go to system settings > apps > snapchat > storage > clear cache and clear data.
- Use the Google Assistant
This is the simple and one of the best methods to take a screenshot on Snapchat without your contacts knowing. Here is how to use Google Assistant for taking a screenshot.
- Open Snapchat and open the pictures that you want to take a screenshot.
- Call the Google Assistant either by saying “Ok Google” or by holding down the home button.
- Now, ask the Google Assistant to take a screenshot by saying “Take a screenshot” or you can even key in it.
The only point is that the Google Assistant does not provide an option to directly save the screenshot to your gallery, instead you can share it with someone else or you can upload to Google photos.
- Use a Screen Recording Application
On Android devices, Snapchat is not able to detect whether or not you are recording your screen, so you are going to use the screen recording app to take a screenshot.
- Download the screen recording app from the play store.
- Open Snapchat and begin your screen recording.
- While screen recording is going on, open the picture you want to take a screenshot.
- Stop the recording once after the picture you want to screenshot has been recorded.
- Go to your gallery and open the recorded video and take as many screenshots as want.
Download the Snapsaver app from the play store to take a screenshot without being caught.
- Open the snap saver app and begin a session.
- Choose the required option from integrated, screenshot, burst screenshot and screen recording.
- Go to Snapchat and open the snaps you want to save.
- Now, take a screenshot.
- End your session by pressing the back button.