If you have made changes to the McAfee network connection on a system running on Windows 7, all the updates won’t be moved to the network map of Windows 7. All the made changes in the network map of windows 7 will be moved and applied to the McAfee My Home Network settings. Along with the McAfee not working windows 7 issue, users also report about the McAfee not working after update error and McAfee has stopped working error. All these types of errors are mainly faced with McAfee Internet Security, Total Protection, and Antivirus plus products. The architectural changes in Windows 7 serve as the main cause of these kinds of errors. Meanwhile, making sure that the changes in the network map of Windows have been moved and applied to the network map of McAfee can resolve many of the problems/errors. Read the article below in detail and find the step-wise solution for the McAfee not working windows 7 issue/error.
Fixed: McAfee not working windows 7 issue
For fixing this issue, you need to disconnect your system from all the McAfee Personal Firewall network and then update the network map of McAfee through the Windows network map.
Step – 1
Firstly, you must close all the running applications, web browsers, and applications that need access to the network.
Step – 2
Now, disconnect from all the network connections under the McAfee Security Center:
– Make a double-click on the M icon in the taskbar.
– Go to the homepage and click on the Navigation, or go to the top right corner and click on the cog.
– Select the options of Firewall.
– Now, select the option of Connections under the Firewall tab.
– Make the selection of all IP networks from the Connections tab and click on the Save changes button.
Step – 3
Make sure to validate all the Windows 7 network settings:
– Make a right-click on the Network icon under the tool section.
– Now, click on the Open Network and Sharing Center option.
– Click on the button of Choose homegroup and sharing options under the Change your networking settings.
– Make all the necessary changes and amendments.
Step – 4
In the end, make sure to check the security center for all the made changes and amendments in the network connections.
All these changes and amendments must result in the automatic update of McAfee network connections. You need to close and reopen the Connections tab under the Firewall option, you will find the updated network connections showing the right types of network.
If you have followed the above-mentioned step-wise solution to fix the McAfee not working windows 7 issue but still not getting the desired result. Then, you need an expert to look into the matter and solve the problem. You can chat online with our ErrorsDoc experts and they will provide you guidance and support in the way of solving different technical errors and issues faced by you.