There are times when YouTube takes more time than usual to load and play the video. There can be a variety of reasons behind this recurring problem. If you have the same concern as to why are YouTube videos not loading, you should refer to this quick guide for help.
“YouTube videos won’t load on my phone” is one of the most frequently asked questions on a number of tech websites. So to help you out with the best answers, we have compiled this guide for you.
Let’s check out.
YouTube Videos Won’t Load? Here’s Your Guide
If you use YouTube on your computer or laptop and YouTube videos loading but not playing then you need to fix this problem. For that, you can follow the quick fixes listed below.
Fix 1: Check the Latest Update of Browser
No matter if you use the Chrome or Firefox browser, YouTube often creates problems while playing the video. In such a scenario, you need to make sure that the browser version is up to date. To know this, you can go through the following steps for Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- On your Chrome browser, you can click on More Options with three vertical dots.
- Next to this, go to Settings on the drop-down list.
- Now, you can click on the Settings and go to About Chrome. This will show you the browser version. If there is any new update available, you can update it and try playing the YouTube videos.
- On your Mozilla Firefox browser, you can click on three vertical dots to view More Options.
- Next to this, go to the General option located on the left.
- Now, you need to scroll down to see Firefox updates. This will show you the browser version if available. Then, you can update the Firefox browser to play YouTube videos.
In case there is no availability for the latest version and you still have got a question “why are YouTube videos not loading” then you can try switching to the more fixes given in this guide.
Fix 2: Delete Cookies and Cache
By clearing the cache and cookies from the browser, most of the bugs can be resolved. If you are using Chrome or Firefox browser and facing the “YouTube videos load but won’t play” issue then you can implement the solutions mentioned below.
- On your Chrome browser, click on the three vertical dots to view More Options (located on the top right).
- Now, go to the More Tools and select Clear Browsing Data.
- At this point, you will see two options Cookies and other site and plugin data and Cached images and files. If this option is deselected, you can click these checkboxes to select.
- Now, you can select the “beginning of time” option.
- Thereafter you can hit the Clear Browsing Data option.
- As the last step, you can restart the computer and play YouTube videos.
- On your Firefox browser, you can click on the three vertical dots located on the top right. This will show you more options.
- Then, you can click on the Library option.
- Now, you can go to History and click on Clear Recent History.
- Here, you need to make sure that Cookies and Cache boxes are checked.
- Next to this, you can click on the Clear Now button.
- In the end, you can reboot the computer and try playing videos on YouTube.
After implementing the aforementioned solutions, if YouTube videos loading but not playing then you can move on to the next idea given below.
Fix 3: Try Reinstalling the Adobe Flash Player
There are times when there is no issue detected on YouTube but the outdated Adobe Flash Player causes YouTube performance. Unfortunately, you cannot remove this software from your computer as this supports video to play.
If you are facing YouTube videos won’t load issue then you can do this one thing; uninstall the Adobe Flash Player available on your computer and try reinstalling it. Once you are done, you can check YouTube and start playing videos.
Fix 4: Reset Internet Connection Settings
Poor Internet settings may also cause YouTube functionality. If you want to get rid of the YouTube videos won’t load on my phone issue then you can look for the following steps to reset the internet settings.
- On your computer or laptop, click on the Search icon and type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- When the Control Panel window appears, you can click on the Network and Internet option.
- Here, you can go to Internet Options. This will bring the Internet Properties tab.
- Then, you can click on the Advanced tab and select the Restore Advanced Settings option and Reset option.
- Once you are done, you can save the applied changes by hitting the Apply button.
If you want to learn how to load a video to YouTube faster then changing the internet settings can surely help you to fix the problem.
Fix 5: Speed Up Your Computer
Browsers often get affected by a slow Windows system. If it is neglected, this problem may affect the functionality of YouTube and other software available on your computer. To prevent this, you can speed up your computer using effective software such as Auslogics BoostSpeed. This particular software scans the computer, and cleans junk files, caches, and unused error logs, and boosts up the speed of your computer. So if you want to get rid of the YouTube videos load but won’t play issue then you can simply recover the speed of your computer.
What If On Samsung TV, YouTube Videos Not Loading?
As mentioned earlier, YouTube can be accessed on Samsung TVs, so if on Samsung TV, YouTube videos not loading then you need to understand the cause first and find the solution next. Below are the possible causes due to which the YouTube videos loading slow issue on Samsung TV occurs. If you find any of the causes relatable then you can try fixing the problem.
Unsupported Models: Samsung TV models such as FH6200 and EH5300 do not have access to play YouTube. So if you are using any of the mentioned models then you won’t be able to play YouTube. In other words, make sure that your TV supports the YouTube app.
YouTube App Freezes: After a certain period of time, the YouTube app starts freezing due to full memory. To prevent this, you can reset the system to its original settings and free up some space to play YouTube and other apps smoothly on Samsung TV.
Internet Protocol Settings: Due to poor internet and DNS settings, YouTube does not load the video properly. If you are thinking about how do I make YouTube videos load faster on Samsung TV then you can simply update the internet protocol settings. For that, go to the Menu, click on Network which is followed by Network Status and select IP Status. Thereafter DNS settings will be set to automatic and then you can try playing YouTube videos.
How to Fix YouTube Video Loading Problem on Android App?
Most of the users access the Youtube app on their mobile phones. If you are an Android user and want to learn how to fix YouTube video loading problem on Android app then you can go through the following steps to fix the problem.
- Update Android Version: The first step is to check for the latest update and install it. To check the latest software version, do the following
- Go to the Settings app
- Scroll down and open System
- Touch About Phone option
- Hit the Update button to proceed with the latest software installation.
- Update YouTube App
- Go to Google PlayStore app
- Touch Menu and tap My apps & games
- If there is an update available for the YouTube app, you can install it.
- Poor Internet Connection: If YouTube app not loading videos, make sure that you have great internet connectivity. If you use mobile data to play YouTube videos then turn off the internet and turn it on again. In case you use Wi-Fi to browse YouTube videos then you can forget the network and try connecting it again and play YouTube videos.
- Check Phone Time and Date: Incorrect date and time often create such problems so if YouTube videos stop loading then you can change the time and data by following these steps.
- Go to Settings
- Advanced Settings
- Find Time % Language and tap Date & Time
- Make sure that the Automatic date & Time option is enabled
- Also, make sure that Automatic time zone option is enabled
- After you update the date and time, you can restart your phone and try playing YouTube videos.
- Clear Cache and Data: Your YouTube application should not contain any unnecessary cache. If you want to know how to speed up YouTube videos loading then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Settings
- Tap Storage
- Other Apps
- Tap YouTube
- Tap Clear cache
By applying the aforementioned methods will surely solve your YouTube app not loading videos issue on Android phones
Why are YouTube Videos Not Loading on iPhone or iPad?
If YouTube not loading videos on iPad or iPhone then you can look for the following solutions. Once you are done fixing these issues then you can open the YouTube app to watch videos with speed.
- Reset Network Settings
- Disable Bluetooth
- Clear Cache on YouTube
- Update YouTube Version
- Update iOS version
While streaming videos online, nobody likes the loading time on YouTube. If YouTube videos loading slow then you can read this guide on how to load a video to YouTube by performing a few simple techniques.
Whether you use the YouTube app on your computer, Samsung TV, Android phone, iPhone, or iPad, you can load your videos fastly and watch favorite shows or videos with no loading time. If you want to enable the restricted mode on YouTube, read this quick guide on how to turn off restricted mode on YouTube.