What is the Windows error code 0xc0000225? How does it occur and what can you do to fix it? Find the answer to all your questions in this post! In this space, we will tell you what this error means and under what situations you are likely to encounter this error. Then we will head on to share with you the most excellent fixes to troubleshoot this error on your Windows computer as well as your laptop.
Keep on reading!
What is Error Code 0xc0000225?
0xc0000225 represents a booting error in Windows. The users of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 are likely to encounter this error code. This error is sometimes accompanied by the message saying that your system needs to be repaired or that the required device is not accessible.
Why does Error Code 0xc0000225 Occur on Windows?
Windows error code 0xc0000225 can occur as a result of the following.
1. When the procedure of upgrading your system has not been performed correctly, you will encounter this Windows error.
2. This error code will bug your device when your system files have become corrupt.
3. It is possible that a boot sector virus may have entered your Windows computer or laptop because of which you may be seeing the 0xc0000225 error code.
4. When the Boot Configuration Data is corrupt or missing, you will see this Windows error code on your PC.
How do I Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 Windows 7?
Use our 3 remarkable fixes to do away with the Windows 7 boot error 0xc0000225 on your computer or laptop. In the first fix, we will teach you to rebuild BCD for removing this error. In the second and third fixes, we will show you how to restore MBR and select the correct partition to effectively deal with this error code.
Fix 1: Rebuild BCD on Windows 7
In this part of the blog, we will teach you how to rebuild BCD or Boot Configuration Data as the first 0xc0000225 Windows 7 fix. You can rebuild BCD on your computer in just 7 short steps.
1. Provide the “Windows 7 installation disk”.
2. Now, restart your Windows 7 computer.
3. Choose the “Language” as well as “Time” as per your preference. Then hit “Next”.
4. Tap the option of “Repair Your Computer”.
5. Choose your “System Drive”. Then press the “Next” button.
6. Click on the “Command Prompt” in the “System Recovery options”.
7. Enter the command “bootrec/rebuildbcd” in the “Command Prompt”. Then press “Enter”.
Fix 2: Try Restoring MBR on Windows 7
For those of you who are facing the Windows 7 boot error 0xc0000225 constantly, try to restore the MBR on your computer. The method to restore it has been explained here in detail in 14 steps.
1. Begin the procedure by inserting the “Windows 7 installation disk” and restarting your system.
2. Opt for the “Time” and “Language” you find suitable. Then click on “Next”.
3. Click on “Repair Your Computer”, choose the “System Drive”, and again click on “Next”.
4. Tap “System Recovery options”, click on “Command Prompt”, and then insert the commands given below.
“select disk 0”
5. Now, tap on “Enter”.
6. Type in “List Volume” and hit “Enter”.
7. In the column of “Type”, find “CD/DVD-ROM”.
8. Under “LTR”, find and jot down the letter of the “CD/DVD-ROM”.
9. Next, type “Exit” and tap the “Enter” key to leave “Diskpart”.
10. Type the letter of the “CD Drive” and then press “Enter”.
11. Now, type in “CD Boot” then press “Enter”.
12. Type in “DIR” and press “Enter” to check the directory in the drive.
13. Next, type in “bootsect/nt60 sys/MBR”.
14. Lastly, type in “Exit” and then hit “Enter”. You will receive the message “Bootcode was successfully updated on all targeted volumes”. The procedure will then be complete.
Fix 3: Ensure Access to Correct Partition on Windows 7
The third best way to fix the 0xc0000225 Windows 7 install is to ensure that the correct partition has been chosen. This error is likely to be encountered when the wrong partition has been selected. Let us head on to find out the steps for performing this fix.
1. Ensure that the “Windows installation disk” has been inserted.
2. Now, restart your Windows 7 computer.
3. As per your preference, choose the “Time” and “Language”, and then press “Next”.
4. Choose “Repair Your Computer”.
5. Find your “System Drive” and press “Next”.
6. When you reach the “System Recovery options”, select “Command Prompt”.
7. Use the command “diskpart” and press “Enter”. This command will help you to set the correct partition.
8. Choose your “partition”. Then hit “Enter”.
9. Now, use the command “active” and again hit “Enter”.
10. The tenth step is to type in “Quit” and press “Enter”.
11. Now, restart your Windows 7 system. When your computer restarts, you will not find the Windows 7 error anymore.
How do I Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 Windows 8?
Have a look at our 3 outstanding fixes to resolve the Windows boot manager 0xc0000225 error on your Windows 8 computer as well as your laptop. In these fixes, you will come across the steps to launch the automatic Windows repair tool, fix the boot files, and disable the driver signature for troubleshooting this Windows 8 error. You can also use these methods for wiping off the Windows 8.1 error 0xc0000225.
Fix 1: Launch Automatic Windows Repair on Windows 8
The error 0xc0000225 Windows 8 can be troubleshot by launching the automatic Windows repair tool. The 11 steps for launching this tool have been explained in this section. Let us read them quickly.
1. Turn off your Windows 8 computer.
2. Insert the “Windows 8 installation DVD” or “USB flash drive”.
3. Now, restart the computer.
4. You will see the message “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” in case you are using one of these. Tap any key on your system’s keyboard.
5. You will enter the “Windows Setup screen” when the booting is over.
6. Choose your language and then click on “Next”.
7. Opt for “Repair your computer”.
8. Click on “Troubleshoot”.
9. Now, click on “Advanced options”.
10. Tap “Automatic repair”.
11. Wait for the repair process to complete. Then restart your Windows 8 computer.
Fix 2: Try Fixing Boot Files on Windows 8
The next promising fix for error 0xc0000225 Windows 8 requires you to fix the boot files on your computer or laptop. Below you can find the steps to fix the boot files. Follow these steps to perform this fix carefully.
1. Boot your system via the “Windows 8 installation disk”.
2. Choose the “Language” you prefer and then click on “Next”.
3. Click on “Repair your computer”.
4. Tap “Advanced options” and then select “Command Prompt”.
5. Use the following commands one by one. Tap the “Enter” key after every command.
6. For adding installation to the boot list, you have to type in “A”. Then tap the “Enter” key.
7. Now, restart your Windows 8 system. The Windows 8 error code will have gone.
Fix 3: Try Disabling Driver Signature on Windows 8
The Windows boot manager 0xc0000225 error can occur when malicious components enter the system’s drivers. Disabling the driver signature is one way to ensure that the drivers have not been affected. Let us check out the 9 steps to disable the driver signature enforcement on Windows 8.
1. Start your Windows 8 computer.
2. To access the “BIOS Setup”, tap the “F10″/”F1″/”F2″/”Del” key.
3. In the third step, the “Secure Boot” needs to be set to “Disabled”.
4. Save these settings. Then leave the “BIOS Setup”.
5. The next step requires you to disable the “Driver Signature Enforcement”.
6. Tap the “F8” key when the message “Your PC needs to be repaired” pops up. doing so will open the “Startup Settings”.
7. In the “Startup Settings”, you can permanently disable the “Driver Signature Enforcement”.
8. Now, launch the “Command Prompt”.
9. The final step is to reboot your Windows 8 system and the problem will be troubleshot.
How do I Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 Windows 10?
For settling the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225, we have 6 fixes that are surely worth your time. In these fixes, you will find out the procedures for performing system restore, setting the active partition, running SFC and disk check scan, rebuilding BCD, using Windows in-built repair tool, and checking the hardware for damages.
Fix 1: Perform System Restore on Windows 10
Now, let us learn how to fix error code 0xc0000225 Windows 10 by performing a system restore. This procedure can be executed in a couple of steps. Read them before performing the system restore procedure.
1. Begin the procedure by using the Windows 10 installation media for booting your system.
2. Open the menu of “Advanced options”.
3. Click on the option of “System Restore”.
Note: Performing a system restore procedure will restore the Windows to a recent point. Your personal files will not be affected in this procedure.
4. Under “System Restore”, you can opt for the “Reset this PC” option in case you want to. However, This step can sweep your personal files. You can create a backup of all the files that are important, as per our suggestion.
Fix 2: Change to Active Partition on Windows 10
Receiving the message “Windows failed to start 0xc0000225” on your computer/laptop means that the error code needs to be cleared as soon as possible to avoid hampering your work. Changing to the active partition can help you clear the error. The 9 steps for this have been shown here.
1. Use the “Windows 10 installation disk” for booting your system.
2. Select the “Advanced options menu”.
3. Click on “Command Prompt” via the repair disk of Windows.
4. The fourth step is to launch the “Disk Partition” tool. For this, use the command “diskpart” and press “Enter”.
5. To get the list of the disks available, use the command “list disk”.
6. Use the commands given below one after the other.
“select disk X”
Note: Replace the letter “X” with the number of the “HDD”.
7. The next step is to provide the following commands one by one.
“select partition X”
Note: Replace the letter “X” with the partition number.
8. Now, you can leave the “Command Prompt”.
9. End the procedure by rebooting your Windows 10 system.
Fix 3: Use Manual SFC and Disk Check on Windows 10
For Windows 10 users, running the SFC scan followed by the Disk Check Scan will be a super idea. So, in this fix, we will be telling you how to do away with the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225 via SFC and Disk Check Scan in 8 clear steps. Let’s read these steps right away.
1. With the help of the “Windows 10 installation disk”, you have to boot your Windows PC.
2. Enter the “Windows Setup screen” and select your “Language”. Then click on “Next”.
3. On the “Install Now screen”, tap the link for “Repair your computer” at the bottom.
4. Tap “Troubleshoot” from the menu.
5. Head on to select the “Advanced options” and click on the “Command Prompt”.
6. Running the “SFC” or “System File Checker” command is the sixth step. For this, use the command “sfc/scannow”. This command will help you inspect any missing or corrupt Windows system files. It will also repair such files when found.
7. Now, you have to run “Disc Check Scan”. This will help you find any errors present in the hard disk of your Windows 10 system. Use the command “chkdsk c:/r” for this.
Note: Make sure that you replace the letter “c” with the letter of the main partition.
8. Reboot your system. The 0xc0000225 error code will not persist now.
Fix 4: Try Rebuilding BCD on Windows 10
Our experts have found that rebuilding the BCD can help in troubleshooting a number of errors including the Windows boot manager 0xc0000225 error code. Many of you might already know the steps to perform this fix. In case you need help, you can throw a glance at the 5 steps listed below.
1. Initially, boot your Windows 10 laptop/computer via the “Windows installation disk”.
2. When you boot, click on the “Advanced options menu”.
3. The third step is to click on the “Command Prompt”.
4. Fill in the following commands one after the other. Then press “Enter”.
5. The final step is to reboot your Windows 10 laptop/computer.
Note: The command “bootrec/scanos” will start the scanning process for the installations that are compatible. In addition to that, it will inform you of the installations that are missing. The commands “bootrec/fixmbr” and “bootrec/fixboot” will create a new MBR. The command “bootrec/rebuildbcd” will scan the disk again when the problem has been resolved.
Fix 5: Use Windows Automatic Repair on Windows 10
In the fifth fix for Windows error code 0xc0000225, we will teach you to use the built-in Windows Automatic Repair tool. The Windows 10 installation disc will be needed for this fix. Now, read the 7 steps mentioned below.
1. Use the “Windows 10 installation disk” to boot your PC.
2. On the “Windows Setup screen”, choose your “Language”. Then press “Next”.
3. When the “Install Now screen” appears, tap the link for “Repair your computer”. You will find this link at the bottom.
4. Click on “Troubleshoot” from the menu.
5. Next, click on “Advanced options”.
6. In the “Advanced options menu”, click on “Automatic Repair”.
7. Now, restart your Windows 10 PC and boot it as usual.
Fix 6: Ensure the Hardware of Windows 10 has no Errors or Damages
You are likely to see the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225 when the system’s hardware has any bug or damage. To check that the hardware is free of any errors, ensure that you are able to boot your system. If not, then an error may be encountered. Also, inspect the hard disk for any physical damages.
Comments in Closing
This is one of the best blogs for resolving the 0xc0000225 error on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. This blog carries fixes that you can use for getting rid of this Windows error in less time, without any difficulty, and without any expertise in tech. We hope, by now, the error would have been cleared away from your Windows computer or laptop.
Did you enjoy reading the fixes mentioned in this blog? Here are some more blogs with fixes you will be pleased to read. Tap here to tour our fantastic posts on how to disable Aero Windows 7 and how to fix Windows update error 0x80070057.