Shooting up with the message “feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 error code 0x80070002” this error may seem tricky to resolve. Even the users of Windows 8.1 can find this Windows 10 update error code 0x80070002 message.
If you are one among these users, you may be researching ways to escape it. Thankfully, you can now cut through your research. This blog has all the fixes you need for resolving this error code.
You may be seeing the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 version 1809 x64 2019 04 error code 0x80070002 because of the reasons listed below.
1. There may be a problem with the disk of your Windows computer.
2. Any applications or services that have got damaged can fail the Windows from updating. Thus, making way for this error.
3. Incorrect Date and Time Settings on your PC can be another cause of this error code.
4. In some instances, interference may be caused by the security software of your computer. This interference can shoot up the 0x80070002 error.
5. You are likely to see this error when there are corrupted files in your system’s Winsock Catalog.
The Windows 10 update error 0x80070002 may seem like a big issue on your computer. To clean this error code from your Windows 10 computer, we have got tested fixes. From running the CHKDSK Utility to uninstalling the damaged applications and services, we will walk you through all of these tested fixes in detail to do away with this error on your Windows 10 PC.
Are you receiving the message “Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 error 0x80070002” on your system? If yes, then there may be an error with your disk. Therefore, the first solution suggested to fix the error 0x80070002 in Windows 10, is to locate the errors on your disk by implementing the CHKDSK utility. The steps of this method are as follows.
1. Start the “Command Prompt” with the “Administrative Benefits”.
2. Enter the following command and then press “Enter”:
3. If you receive a prompt, enter the “Y” key and then press “Enter”.
4. Now, restart your Windows 10 system.
5. Then finally, reboot your system.
In this fix, we will show you how to use the System File Checker for removing the windows 10 update error code 0x80070002 Windows 10. Learn how to use the System File Checker in 6 simple steps.
1. Search for “Command Prompt” in the “Start Menu”.
2. Run the “Command Prompt” on your Windows 10 PC. Ensure that it is being run as the “Administrator”.
3. Provide the following command in the “Command Prompt”. Then Press “Enter”.
4. Allow the command to continue with the further procedure. When the procedure is over, you will see the message “Verification 100% complete”. Then you can exit the window.
5. Reboot your Windows 10 system.
6. Now, install the updates for your system. The Windows 10 update error 0x80070002 will not bother you anymore.
Many users of Windows 10 found that the Windows update error 0x80070002 easily got resolved by deleting the Windows update files. You too can try this method. We have mentioned 10 steps here to help you delete the Windows update files. Read them before performing this fix.
1. Go to the “Start Menu” and then open the “Control Panel”.
2. Use “Windows” and “R” keys together to open the “Run” dialogue box.
3. Enter the following command in “Run” and then click on “Ok”.
4. In case UAC a warning appears, accept it.
5. Next, find the “Windows Update” service in the “Service Control Panel”.
6. Choose “Stop” by clicking on “Windows Update Service”.
7. Then go to the “C:\Windows” folder and open the “Windows Explorer”.
8. Search and remove the “SoftwareDistribution” folder.
9. Now, reboot your Windows 10 computer.
10. Then start your computer and run “System Restore”. Restore your computer to the earlier working environment.
In case of the error 0x80070002 Windows 10, the system restore error message states that the particular program file or service of the restore process failed. So, you will have to uninstall that particular program. Once the program is uninstalled, you can reboot your computer and then restore it. Follow the 6 steps shown below to try this fix.
1. Go to the “Event Viewer” on your Windows 10 computer.
2. Then move to “Windows Logs”.
3. Find “Application” and “System” logs for warning events with error message “The system cannot find the file specified”.
4. Scan the warnings to determine which program or service is the actual cause of the error.
5. Then uninstall that problematic program or service.
6. After you have uninstalled, you need to reboot your computer.
A likely cause of the 0x80070002 Windows 10 is an issue with the Windows update service. When the date and time settings are not correct on your computer, the Windows update service may get affected. To troubleshoot that, you can check that the date and time settings are correct on your machine.
1. Turn on your Windows 10 system.
2. On the bottom-right corner of your screen, click on “Date and Time”.
3. Then tap on “Change Date and Time Settings”.
4. In the “Date and Time” window, press the button for “Change Date and Time”.
5. The applet for “Date and Time Settings” will appear. Now, you can see whether the date and time have been correctly set. If not, then you can make the changes. Tap “Ok” to save any changes made.
6. Restart your Windows 10 system and then install the updates for it.
The Microsoft Fix It tool has been developed to settle a number of errors on Windows 10. The Windows 10 version 1903 error 0x80070002 can also be settled with this tool. All you have to do is run this tool and allow it to identify the cause of this error. Once the cause of the error has been identified, the tool will settle it quickly.
Do you know that the Registry Editor works very well in disabling the error message generated by the 0x80070002 Windows 10 backup error? Go through the 10 steps presented below to use the Registry Editor for removing this error right now.
1. Turn on your Windows 10 PC.
2. Log in as the “Administrator”.
3. Then click on “Start”.
4. Go to “All Programs”.
5. Click on “Accessories”.
6. Now, open “Run”.
7. Type in “regedit” in “Run” and hit “Enter”.
8. Open the following path by using the “Registry Editor”.
9. To the right of the “Registry Editor”, right-click on the “MSC Key”.
10. Then press “Delete” to delete the key.
As many of you would know, a security software is installed to safeguard your computer from any virus or malware. Sometimes this software can prevent you from updating your Windows and result in the 0x80070002 Windows 10 installation error. The security software in your Windows 10 computer may be preventing you too from updating it and generating the same error code.
To combat this error, we will suggest you disable the security software for some time. Then you can install the updates. When the system updates have been successfully installed, you can enable the security software on your Windows 10 computer.
Starting the Windows update service again is an awesome way of doing away with the message “an unspecified error occurred during system restore 0x80070002 Windows 10”. Here are the steps that you will need to read for restarting this service.
1. In the “Search Box” of your computer, type in “Command Prompt”.
2. Right-click on the “Command Prompt” to run it as the “Administrator”.
3. Look at the commands shown below. Enter these commands one by one in the “Command Prompt”. Remember to press “Enter” after every command.
“net stop wuauserv”
“net stop cryptSvc”
“net stop bits”
“net stop msiserver”
“ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old”
“ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old”
“net start wuauserv”
“net start cryptSvc”
“net start bits”
“net start msiserver”
4. The fourth step is to restart your system.
5. Now, try to install the system updates. The Windows Store error 0x80070002 will no longer interrupt the process.
Certain corrupted files in the Winsock Catalog can give rise to several error messages. “Failed to open software policies microsoft Windows Windowsupdate 0x80070002” is one such error message. To resolve this, you can try to reset the Winsock Catalog. The steps to do so have been provided as follows.
1. Open the “Command Prompt” from the “Start Menu” of your computer.
2. In the “Command Prompt”, fill in the command shown below. Then hit the “Enter” key.
“netsh winsock reset”
3. Reboot your computer and then install the updates successfully.
The message “Feature update to Windows 10 version 1703 error 0x80070002” can occur while preparing a backup of files. When you are sure of the cause, you can use this fix. Through this fix, you can move the library folder from the user profile path. Find out how to do this in 9 steps.
1. Go to “Start”.
2. Click on your “Username”.
3. To move the desired folder, right-click on it. Then click on “Cut”.
4. Expand “Computer” on the navigation pane.
5. Now, decide the new location for the folder and paste it there. Also copy this folder.
6. Next, press “Start”.
7. Again click on your “Username”.
8. Click on “Paste Shortcut” to copy the folder in an empty area.
9. Restarting the Windows backup is the final step of this fix.
You may have not heard of this fix but it is helpful in removing the error 0x80070002 Windows 10 1803. In this fix, what you have to do is to access the Backup setting. And then exclude the folders from the files for backing up. Read the 12 steps of this fix below.
1. Access the “Control Panel” on your computer.
2. Select the option of “Backup and Restore”.
3. On the right, click on “Set up Backup” and press “Next”.
4. Select the “Let Me Choose” option in another window.
5. Expand the “Data Files”.
6. Expand the “(User Name) Libraries”.
7. Also, expand the “Additional Location”.
8. Ensure that the options of “AppData Folder, “Contacts”, and “Searches” have not been selected.
9. Now, expand “Computer” as well as your “System Drive”, “Users” folder, and your “User Name”.
10. Now, select the options of “AppData Folder, “Contacts”, and “Searches” and press “Next”.
11. The next step includes saving these changes.
12. Initiate the backup procedure. When this is complete, check whether the error persists.
Are you trying to resolve the error 0x80070002 on your Windows 8.1 computer? The best solutions are right here. Read below to know how the Windows Update Troubleshooter can quickly help you remove this error from your system. Also, check out how you can prevent this error through the Date and Time Settings of your Windows 8.1 computer.
One of the easiest ways of wiping away the error code 0x80070002 Windows 8.1 is by running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. To try this fix, read the 7 steps given here.
1. Open the “Settings” by pressing the “Windows” key and “I” key simultaneously.
2. Access the “Troubleshoot” tab.
3. Select “Windows Update”.
4. Click on “Run the Troubleshooter”.
5. Wait till the “Windows Update Troubleshooter” detects the problem. Then click on “Skip this Fix” or “Apply this Fix”.
6. The “Windows Update Troubleshooter” will fix the problem. Then you can reboot your computer.
7. Freshly start your computer and check whether the error has been resolved.
Incorrect date and time settings causing errors with Windows update may seem unrelated. These incorrect settings can, however, cause the Windows to not update properly. As a result, you may see the error code 0x80070002 Windows 8.1. So, an expert suggestion will be to see that these settings are correct. Here is how you can do it.
1. On your Windows 8.1 computer, click on “Start”.
2. Search “Date & Time Settings”.
3. Check whether the options of “Set Time” as well as “Time Zone Automatically” are on.
Note: When the options “Set Time” and “Time Zone Automatically” have been enabled, the time will be automatically set.
4. For manually controlling these settings, you can disable the options “Set Time” and “Time Zone Automatically”.
5. Then click on the “Change” button.
Note: You can find the “Change” button under “Change Date and Time”.
6. Once the time has been manually entered by you, tap the “Change” button.
7. Now, before you update the Windows, ensure to restart your system.
Hopefully, after reading this blog, the Windows sandbox 0x80070002 error code on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 will have resolved. These fixes will prevent the error from occurring on your computer. Should you encounter this error again, you know where to look for the best solutions.
We thought you might also like to read about the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000001 and its causes. You might also like to know the best methods for how to reset computer to factory settings. Go through these posts in just a tap.