For the best performance of your Windows system, upgrading it to a higher version is the best thing you can do. Whether you are looking for Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 or Microsoft support Windows 8 upgrade from Microsoft Windows 7, this blog will guide you at every step.
So, let us start learning the different ways and tools for Microsoft Windows upgrade.
When you are planning to consider the Microsoft Windows upgrade, we will advise you to keep a backup of all your important files and documents before you perform the procedure. The Windows upgrading process can affect the data on your computer or laptop. So, when you have a backup, you will not lose anything important.
7 Methods for Microsoft Windows Upgrade
On this page, you will find 7 great methods for Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8.1, and Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade. Using these methods, you can upgrade Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 to a higher version.
Method 1: Microsoft Upgrade Assistant Windows 7 to Windows 8
Do you want to enjoy the astonishing features of Windows 8? With this excellent procedure for Microsoft anytime upgrade Windows 7 professional to Windows 8, you can have access to these features right away. Follow the 16 steps given below to administer this method.
1. On your Windows 7 computer, click on “Start”.
2. Go to “All Programs”.
3. Click on the option of “Windows Update” and run it.
4. Tap “Check for updates” to find the updates that are available.
5. In case any updates are available, install them.
6. You will be asked to confirm the version of the Windows in your system. For this, click on “Start”, go to the “Control Panel”, click on “System”, and then check the Windows version.
7. Inserting the “Windows 8 Installation Disk” is the next step.
8. In the “AutoPlay Window”, tap “Run setup.exe”.
9. Your Windows system will take some time for the preparation of the update. Then you will be asked to provide the “Product Key”.
10. The tenth step is to tick “I accept the license terms”.
11. Select the update you require. Then press the “Next” button.
12. Then plug in the “AC Adaptor” and make sure that you do not remove the disc.
13. Wait for your system to see that it is now ready for the upgrade. Then press the “Next” button.
14. In case any program is causing trouble with the updating process, then you will be provided with the option to uninstall it.
15. Then continue with the installation by following the instructions available on your screen.
16. You will find the Windows 8 desktop on your screen when the updating process has been performed successfully. Explore the new features!
Method 2: Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 8.1 via Windows Store
In case you are looking for the Microsoft Windows 7 professional 64 bit upgrade to Microsoft Windows 8.1, you should definitely try this procedure. For upgrading the Windows in the way described below, you will be required to purchase the Windows from the Windows Store and then install it. You can find the steps for buying Windows and installing it right here.
1. On your Windows 7 computer, go to the “Windows Store”.
2. Click on “Buy Windows”.
3. Also, select “Get the upgrade on DVD”.
4. Choose the version of Windows you wish to upgrade to.
5. Tap the option of “Buy and download now”.
6. Next, click on the “Checkout” button.
7. The seventh step is to log in to your “Microsoft Account”.
Pro Tip: For those of you who do not have a “Microsoft Account”, it will be an amazing idea to get one now. It comes with several helpful features that can make your work easier.
8. Fill in the details required for making the payment.
9. You will be provided with the “Product Key” on your screen. Make sure to note it down. You may be asked to enter it at some point.
10. Then tap the “Download” button.
11. After the purchase has been made successfully, open “WindowsSetupBox.exe” that you just downloaded.
12. As an alternative, you can also use a “DVD Windows 8.1 Installer” or “USB Flash Drive” for launching the file.
13. Fill in the “Product Key”. Then press the “Next” button.
14. To start the download, press “Next”.
15. Click on “Install Now” and then press “Next” when the download is over. This option will not be available in case you are using the “DVD Windows 8.1 Installer” or “USB Flash Drive”.
16. Press “Accept” to agree to the license terms.
17. Make sure that you choose the option of “Keep personal files only”. Doing so will not erase your personal files. You can also select the option of “Nothing” in case you wish to erase the data while updating the Windows. Then press “Next”.
18. The next step is to press the “Install” button.
19. For personalization, you can choose the background colour for the “Start Screen”. Then hit “Next”.
20. Now, tap “Use Express Settings”.
21. Fill in your “Microsoft username” as well as “Password”. Then press “Next”. You can also click on “Create a new account” in case you don’t have a Microsoft account.
22. Press “Next”. You will receive a “Confirmation code” on your mobile. Enter it in the space provided and again press “Next”.
23. When you see the message “SkyDrive is your cloud storage”, tap “Next”.
Method 3: Microsoft Support Windows 8 Upgrade to Windows 8.1 via Website
For the users of Windows 8, upgrading to Windows 8.1 will be a smart decision. So, here we are with an easy and effortless method for Microsoft Windows 8 upgrade to Windows 8.1. The procedure for this method can be completed in 8 steps. You can take a look at these steps below.
Note For Readers: When you are considering Microsoft upgrade assistant Windows 8.1, you should know that this procedure can replace some of your files as well as apps. For this reason, it will be helpful to prepare a backup of the files, documents, and other things you will be requiring in the future.
1. Begin the procedure with backing up your files, in case you wish to.
2. The next step is to ensure that there is much space on the disk space of your system for the upgrade.
3. In case you are upgrading the Windows on your laptop, plug it in, or else the update may not get properly installed.
4. Also, see to it that you have a working internet connection.
Pro Tip: Sometimes, the antivirus program can interfere with the upgrading process and cause several errors. So, we will suggest you turn off the antivirus program in your Windows 8 system.
5. Now, visit the official “Windows 8.1 download page”.
6. Choose the edition of your Windows.
7. Click on “Confirm” and then go through the on-screen set of instructions for starting the download.
Note for Readers: The download can take up to 30 minutes to complete.
8. When the download is complete, you will receive a message stating that your system needs to restart. The procedure will be over after restarting your system.
Method 4: Microsoft Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 via Website of Microsoft
This is one of the most used methods for Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7. In this method, you can find out how to get the Windows 10 upgrade from the official website of Microsoft and then install it with the help of the Media Creation Tool. Now, read the 6 steps given below to perform this method.
1. Go to Microsoft’s “Download Windows 10” webpage. Click on the “Download Tool Now” button.
2. Once the download completes, run the “Media Creation Tool”.
3. In case you have downloaded the “Media Creation Tool” on the computer you plan to upgrade, select “Upgrade this PC” now option.
Note for Readers: In case you are running the “Media Creation Tool” on a different PC, choose the second option and save the installation files as an ISO file or to a USB drive.
4. Once the download is complete, double click on the “ISO file” to open a “File Explorer” window. If you have saved the installation files on a bootable drive, then open your “USB Flash Drive” and run “Setup” from there.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the upgrade. You will not be asked for a product key.
6. Once the Windows 10 upgrade is finished, you’ll have a digital license to Windows 10. You can confirm it by going to the “Settings”. Click on “Update & Security”. Then tap “Activation”.
Method 5: Microsoft Windows 10 Upgrade Free from Windows 7 via Media Creation Tool
For Microsoft upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, the Media Creation Tool will always come in handy. You will require the Windows 10 product key for this method. So, make sure that you have it with you. Now, let us find the 11 steps of this Windows upgrade procedure.
1. The first step is to download the “Media Creation Tool”.
2. Next, press the button that states “Download Tool Now”.
3. Ensure that the installer has been saved on your Windows computer or laptop.
4. For setting up the wizard, tap twice on “MediaCreationTool.exe”.
5. To go ahead with the license agreement, click on “Accept”.
6. The sixth step is to click on “Upgrade this PC now” following which the upgrading process will begin. Then press the “Next” button.
7. In case you are asked to provide the “Windows 10 Product Key”, then make sure you provide the valid one. Then press the “Next” button.
8. You will be required to accept the license agreement once again. For this, click on “Accept”.
9. The ninth step is to ensure that the option of “Keep personal files and apps” has been selected.
10. Now, hit the “Install” button.
11. Once the installation is complete, set up Windows 10, and then this procedure will be over.
Pro Tip: For those of you who wish to have Microsoft Office Windows 10 upgrade but do not have access to the recent version of “Internet Explorer”, please use “Google Chrome” for visiting the official download website of Microsoft. The older version of the “Internet Explorer” might hinder access to this website.
Method 6: Upgrade Windows 8 to 10 Microsoft Windows via Update Tool
In this section, we have come up with a promising method for Microsoft Windows 10 pro upgrade from Windows 8. You will require a DVD or USB stick for doing this method. In addition to that, you will also need a device to create a backup of your computer or laptop data. Now, explore the 17 steps given here to go ahead with this procedure.
1. First, you have to create a backup of your personal files in case you need it in the future.
2. Get the “Windows 8 Serial Key”. Also, ensure that Windows 8 has been activated on your laptop or computer and your internet is working.
3. The third step is to see that your Windows device has enough space for the upgrade.
4. Next, exit and close all the apps or programs running on your Windows device so that no interference is caused when you are installing the upgrades.
5. Now, you have to download the “Microsoft Windows 10 Update Tool.
6. Run the file when the download has been completed.
7. When the “User Account Control” pop up shows, tap “Yes”.
8. The “Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Page” will appear. Click on “Accept”.
9. The next step is to press “Next”.
10. Your computer will download the files required for the installation of Windows 10.
11. The Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade tool will initiate the upgrading process immediately after the files have been downloaded. Then tap the “Restart now” button. This procedure can take up to 30 minutes.
12. Press “Next” afterwards.
13. For the privacy settings, click on “Options” and then tap “Accept”.
14. In case you do not wish to use “Cortana”, press “Not now”. If you require “Cortana” for any purpose, click on “Use Cortana”.
15. Now, press the “Next” button.
16. You may be required to provide your Windows password now if required.
17. When the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade assistant procedure is complete, click on “Exit”.
Method 7: Microsoft Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1 from Control Panel
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 can be executed in just 3 quick steps. This is the shortest procedure to upgrade the Windows on your system. So, let us read further to check out what these steps are.
1. For updating to Windows 10, utilize the desktop version. For this, press the “Windows” key along with the “X” key. As an alternative, you can also click on the “Control Panel” from the “Start” menu.
2. Then click on the option of “Windows Update” in the “Control Panel”. You will find this option at the bottom.
3. Press the “Get Started” button. That is all!
Note for Readers: At times, the upgrade to Windows 10 can fail. To prevent the procedure from failing, make sure that you agree to the terms of the license when asked to do so.
Drawing to an End
Whether you wish to upgrade Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10, our 7 methods will guide you. The tools and programs mentioned above can be used easily with the set of steps mentioned above. In case you get stuck at any step, drop us a comment. We will help you out.
Did you find this blog interesting? Our recent posts on fixes for Windows error code 0xc0000225 and methods to disable Aero Windows 7 will also interest you. Click to read now!