On Windows 10 keyboard not working? Don’t panic! It is a very common problem. Almost all users have faced them at least once in their life. You can deal with them effectively on your own without any expert guidance through the following guide.
You must read this guide if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions:
- Is your keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10?
- Is your laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10?
- Is your Dell laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10?
- Is your Lenovo laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10?
- Are your keyboard keys not working on Windows 10?
- Is your Acer laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10?
- Is your Logitech keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10?
How to Fix a Laptop Keyboard Not Working on Windows 10?
Is your laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10? Your laptop keyboard may not always work as expected. You can then execute several methods such as uninstalling Synaptics Driver, installing the latest updates, turning off the Filter Keys, and more to fix these problems. Below we are going to talk about those solutions that you may try on your keyboard or computer to make it work normally. So let us get started:
Fix 1: Uninstall Synaptics Driver
Windows 10 is not totally compatible with Synaptics Driver. As a result, it affects your keyboard and makes it stop working. By uninstalling this driver when you restart your laptop, the default driver gets installed due to which your keyboard starts working again as normal. If your laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- To begin, you can click right on the Start button and select the Device Manager option from the menu list.
- Once the Device Manager launches, you can locate Synaptics Driver. Then, you can right-click and select the Uninstall option from the menu.
- After that, you can look for the Delete the driver software for this device and hit the OK button.
- Once you are done uninstalling the driver, you can restart your Windows 10 laptop.
Fix 2: Disable Filter Keys
If the Dell laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10, you can disable the Filter Keys. To turn off the filter keys, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you can go to the Control Panel and launch the Ease of Access Center.
- Next to this, you can scroll down and choose the Make the keyboard easier to use option.
- Then, you can scroll down and discover the Filter Keys option.
- Here, you need to make sure that the Turn on Filter Keys is unchecked.
- Once you disable Filter Keys, you can click on the Apply option and hit the OK button in order to save your changes.
If you want to fix the issue ‘Dell laptop keyboard not working Windows 10’, disabling the Filter Keys will definitely work.
Fix 3: Use Windows Keys and Space Shortcut
For some of the users, they only face problems with specific keys on the keyboard. This problem can be fixed using the Windows Key along with Space on your keyboard. If on HP laptop keyboard some keys not working Windows 10 then you can use this trick to make your keyboard work again as normal.
Another key solution is to use the Shift key along with the key that owns a lock icon. By using both the keys together, your laptop keyboard should work again.
Fix 4: Try Using USB Keyboard
If the Bluetooth keyboard connected but not working on Windows 10 then you should try using it on different computers. In case you are unable to access your keyboard properly, you can fix this issue using the USB keyboard. If the Lenovo laptop keys not working on Windows 10 then you can try a USB keyboard and check if your keyboard works. This might resolve your problem and then you can use the keyboard.
Fix 5: Install the New Updates
Microsoft keeps on updating Windows 10 to improve its performance. If on Windows 10 keyboard not working then you may try installing the new updates. Most of the minor problems get resolved right after you update your Windows 10 laptop or computer. SO whenever you encounter issues such as ‘keyboard keys not working o` Windows 10’ then make sure that you check the system updates and install the new updates on your system to make it work as normal.
Fix 6: Use your Mouse or Keyboard with Another Computer
If your Logitech keyboard and mouse not working after Windows 10 update, you should look for the following steps to fix the problem. These steps include a number of methods following which you can resolve the problem with your keyboard or mouse:
- You can check the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection if it is working fine. Because when the Bluetooth of your keyboard or mouse does not work, you might not be able to use the peripherals with your computer. So if you find your keyboard not working correctly, it is better to check the connection first.
- If your Logitech mouse not working on Windows 10 then you can try using your mouse or keyboard with another computer so that you can confirm if it works.
- If you use a cabled mouse or keyboard, you are required to check the wire. Also, try to connect the cabled keyboard or mouse with another computer to identify the faults. As an alternate option, you can also check using an OTG cable. However, with an OTG, you would not be able to test old PS2.
- If calculator keyboard not working then you can use the Clean Boot. This is one of the easiest ways to fix the driver related issue.
- Also, do not forget to check the Device Driver. If required then you can update the drivers. Although Wi-Fi or Bluetooth mouse does not require any software. But if you use old models then you may take the help of third-party software.
- If keyboard lights not working then you can run the Keyboard Troubleshooter to fix the problem. For that, you can simply open the Troubleshoot page in Windows 10 Settings and then run the troubleshooter for your keyboard.
- If on Windows 10, keyboard not working you can then disable the Hybrid shutdown in your System Settings. For that, just go to the Control Panel and click on the Power Options. Next to this, you can click on the Choose what the power buttons do option and then choose Change settings that are currently unavailable. At this point, you need to deselect the check mark against the Turn on fast startup and save the changes.
Note: If this method does not work, do not forget to reverse the applied changes.
- If the Acer laptop keyboard not working then try checking up the Bluetooth keyboard settings. When you add the Bluetooth receiver, it automatically gets stored in the Devices and Printers section in the Control Panel. To open it, click right on the Bluetooth Keyboard, choose Properties, and switch to the Services tab. Additionally, you need to make sure that the Drivers for keyboard option is checked.
If on Windows 10, keys not working then you can use any of the aforementioned solutions. In most situations, users fix the problem after they troubleshoot the keyboard or install the latest updates on Windows 10. To make your keyboard work normally, you can even try to modify keyboard settings such as disabling the filter keys. So if both keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10 then you can follow this guide to resolve the issues.