Purchasing the subscription can be mandatory to fully take advantage of Intuit accounting software. Many users may purchase the QuickBooks subscription after taking the trial session of 30 days. As per your business requirements, you can upgrade or downgrade your plans. However, some companies may no longer wish to use the service and hence, cancel it. There can be many reasons behind this, for instance, shutting down of the company or the inability to find certain features in the software.
If you are concerned about how to cancel your QuickBooks subscription, the Settings app will help discontinue it. Moreover, the idea of ending the service can depend on how you purchased the subscription; it could be via a web browser or mobile app. Choosing the appropriate option, you can cancel the subscribed service on QuickBooks Online, Desktop, Self-Employed, and Payroll.
- How to Cancel QuickBooks Subscription?
- Canceling a QuickBooks Self-Employed Subscription?
- How to Cancel QuickBooks Payroll Subscription?
- How to Cancel My QuickBooks Online Subscription?
- Cancel QuickBooks Desktop Subscription
How to Cancel QuickBooks Subscription?
QuickBooks offers numerous methods to cancel your subscription. One of the convenient ways to do it is to make a call for service cancellation. When you are sure about discontinuing your service, you can dial 844-437-2616. Once you get connected with the agent, request him/her to cancel your QuickBooks subscription.
Canceling a QuickBooks Self-Employed Subscription?
The subscription to QBSE can be paid or free. It can be obtained either via a browser or mobile app. With respect to all these factors, the QuickBooks Self Employed cancel subscription method can vary. In the case of a trial or purchased subscription from the browser, you will have to find where the Gear button is in the software and then use it. The App Store/Google Play Store can be referred to for canceling the service from your mobile.
Method 1: For Trial on Browser
Although the trial period may automatically expire as you cross 30 days, you can still manually end it when the QBSE service does not fit you. From the browser, seeing the Settings will help you cancel the QuickBooks Self-Employed subscription. Here, you need to specifically check the About You field to establish the purpose.
- To end the trial, log in to your “QBSE” account through the internet browser.
- Go to the “Gear” option to open the settings.
- Click the “Cancel Trial” button from the “About You” field.
Note: Trial sessions cannot be canceled through mobile apps.
Method 2: From Browser
Users who have purchased a Self-Employed subscription through the Intuit or QuickBooks program can cancel it from the Billing Info section. To reach there, log in to the software via a web browser. Then you can go to the settings and open this section. Cancel your subscription and ensure that the method is complete.
- Open the “QB Self-Employed” account through the web browser.
- Select the “Gear” button located on the top right.
- Please press the “Cancel subscription” option from the “Billing Info” section.
Method 3: Using Mobile
Intuit lets the users of QuickBooks Self-employed cancel the subscription through the mobile app store as well. When you purchase it using the iOS App Store or Android Google Play Store, it can be canceled through your phone itself. For Apple devices, you can use the iTunes or phone Settings app while for the Android devices, go to the Play Store, specifically where your account has been added for Google.
Option 1: On iOS
When you have bought the subscription for QuickBooks Self Employed through the iTunes or Apple App Store, the device Settings app will help you to cancel it. All you have to do is open this app on your iPhone or iPad and go to the Store using the Apple ID. When you view the ID, select the Manage button and choose QBSE so that you can terminate its subscription.
- Launch the iPhone/iPad “Settings” app.
- Choose “iTunes and App Store”.
- Now, log in to the Apple account by using your “Apple ID”.
- Click on “View Apple ID”.
- Choose “Manage” from the “Active” section.
- Tap on “QB Self Employed”.
- Press the “Cancel Subscription”.
Option 2: Android Tablet or Phone Users
The Intuit QuickBooks cancel subscription method through Android devices is initiated via the Play Store. To end this service, you have to open the store app on your Android phone. Then, sign in to the account if not. From the main menu, you can find the subscription for QBSE. Thus, you can cancel it on the go.
- On your Android tab/smartphone, launch the “Google Play Store” app.
- Now, log in to the “Google Account”.
- Go to the “Menu” icon of the app.
- Locate the “Subscription” area and tap on “QBSE”.
- Tap on “Cancel”.
It should be noted that removing the QuickBooks Self-Employed app from mobile will not cancel the subscription. Thus, you will have to properly finish it through the store.
Note: Even if you end the service, you can use your Self-Employed account until the billing period ends. Intuit may keep the data for 1 year afterward. If required, then you can resubscribe in the future.
How to Cancel QuickBooks Payroll Subscription?
QuickBooks Payroll comes with Online and Desktop versions. For the former one, the subscribed service can be ended from the settings. For the Desktop version, you should proceed to the Employees menu. Quick cancellations shall be made. Henceforth, you should not be required to pay for the service.
Tip: Before you cancel the Payroll subscription in QuickBooks, make sure that you finish and process the final payroll. Also, take prints of all the important payroll reports. In case you are having a payroll service through which you file or pay taxes, then pay the outstanding tax deposits. As required, you can file or process the outstanding quarterly or annual forms.
Method 1: For Online Payroll
To end the service in QuickBooks Online Payroll, you need to launch the settings. From the Account and Settings menu, you can click on the Billing and Subscription tab. As you move to the Payroll section, you can cancel the service by filling out the form. It needs to have the correct details to cancel your QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
- Open the “Settings”.
- Go to the “Account & Settings” option.
- Tap on “Billing and Subscription”.
- Select the “Cancel” button from the “Payroll” section.
- To successfully cancel the service, fill out the cancellation form.
Note: When you find any difficulty canceling your payroll subscription, ensure that you sign in as Company/Master Admin on the account.
Method 2: On Desktop Payroll
QB Desktop Payroll users can remove the service through the Employees menu. Using it, you need to select the My Payroll Service tab and go to the Account/Billing Info menu. After signing into the Intuit account, you can cancel the subscribed service from the account portal.
- To cancel the subscription, first, move to the “Employees” menu.
- Choose “My Payroll Service” from here.
- Click on the “Account or Billing Info” option.
- Log in to the “Intuit Account”. This will open the “Account Portal” screen.
- Here, click “Cancel Service”.
- Continue to follow the instructions to complete the cancellation process.
For the Desktop version, you can cancel the Payroll subscription in QuickBooks through the submission of a request as well. You can contact Intuit should the above-given method fail.
How to Cancel My QuickBooks Online Subscription?
Depending on the source you have used to purchase the QBO subscription, the service can be discontinued. Through your browser, you can check the settings to find an option that is helpful. On Apple, you can check the device settings and discontinue the service. A company using QuickBooks Online can cancel the subscription from an Android device as well. The Google Play Store shall be used in the process.
Note: When you are using QBO Payments, you have to separately cancel the Payment account. Ending only the subscription may not be of help.
Method 1: Via a Browser
The QuickBooks Online subscription can be terminated from the web browser when purchased online. For this, you will have to log in to the account, open the settings, and head to the Account & Settings tab. Cancel the subscription from the Billing & Subscription menu. This will directly remove the QBO account from Intuit.
- To get started, launch the web browser on your PC.
- Browse “QBO” and log in as an administrator.
- Go to the “Gear” icon from the top right.
- Open the “Account and Settings” section.
- Switch to the “Billing and Subscription” field. If you don’t find this field, then it indicates that you purchased your subscription through a mobile app store.
- Select the “Cancel Online” or “Cancel Subscription” option in the section. In case you subscribed for the trial, only then click the “Cancel Trial” option.
- Pursue the instructions given on your screen.
Note: Using this method, you can also try to cancel your QuickBooks subscription.
Method 2: On Apple Devices
Instances in which the subscription for the software was purchased by using the Apple App Store, the mobile Settings app can be used to end it. To make it happen, launch the phone Settings app. Here, tap on your device ID and cancel the subscription for QuickBooks Online.
Method 3: In an Android Device
Android users can do away with the QBO subscriptions when they have been purchased via the Google Play Store app. What you are required to do is open your profile in the app. Then go to the Payments & Subscriptions menu. Please select QBO service from the Subscriptions menu and move to the Manage Subscriptions.
- Open the “Google Play Store” app on an Android phone or tablet.
- Go to the “Profile” tab.
- Scroll to the “Payment and Subscriptions” section.
- Tap on the “Subscriptions” menu.
- Choose “QuickBooks Online”.
- Hit the “Cancel Subscription” from the “Manage Subscriptions” screen.
If your QuickBooks account is suspended then you are required to reactivate it before canceling the subscription.
Important: After canceling QuickBooks Online subscription, users will have read-only access to the company data for one year.
Cancel QuickBooks Desktop Subscription
A CAMPs account can be needed for canceling your subscription to QBDT. Also called Customer Account Management Portal, through it, you can manage the account maintenance and make the changes. After creating it, you can pick the account to which you want to make the changes from the product & services tab. Continuing with the prompts, you will be able to cancel the QuickBooks Desktop subscription.
- Sign in for the “CAMPs account”.
- Assuming that you have multiple accounts, your profile will display which account is currently selected. Should you want to modify some other account, then select that one.
- From the “Product and Services” section, locate the service or subscription.
- Go to “Details”.
- Verify whether this is the same account you don’t want to use any longer.
- Click the “Cancel Service” button from the “Active” section.
- As preferred, mention your reasons for discontinuing the service.
- Then click on the “Continue to Cancel” option.
- Press the “Cancel Now” button to confirm your action.
In case your QBDT subscription invoices payroll, you have to cancel the Payroll subscription as well.
Please Note: Considering that your canceled account is within the guarantee period of 60 days, you will get the full refund when purchased from Intuit directly. The refund amount will be the same as you paid while purchasing the subscription. Also, the amount can be received within 2 weeks as applicable. Make sure that you are aware of the cancellation policies for QBDT issued by Intuit.
Many users may prefer to utilize the trial period before purchasing the subscription for the accounting system. It gives valuable insights to them as to whether they should purchase the QB subscription to continue using the service. Even after buying the subscription, if you no longer wish to continue, then you can cancel the QuickBooks subscription through the various methods given here.