As a part of the QuickBooks accounting software, the Scan Manager performs multiple tasks such as scanning invoices, sales receipts, and other transactions. It also assists in smoothly attaching various files to your bills. Besides this, the QuickBooks Scan Manager automatically imports and categorizes all the transactions.
While using the QuickBooks Scan Manager, it may be common to encounter certain errors during the scanning process. Experiencing the inability to select the Scan Manager is one such error. Thus, when the QuickBooks Scan Manager could not be selected, you may be unable to use its functions. A scan profile can be created for dealing with this error. You can also find an error in which the Scan manager may stop working while running QuickBooks. Using the TWAIN scanner will be a recommended fix for troubleshooting this error. For dealing with such types of the QB Scan Manager errors, you can read this post. Here, you can also gain information about the advantages of the Scan Manager and how you can set it up.
As you know, we will be discussing a multitude of things relating to the QB Scan Manager in this post. To learn more about the same, you can look at the following summary:
- Problems Encountered While Scanning Bills via QuickBooks Scan Manager
- How Do I Fix the QuickBooks Scan Manager could Not be Selected Error?
- Fix 1: Use TWAIN Compliant Scanner with QuickBooks Scan Manager
- Fix 2: Install QuickBooks and Resolve the 281, 1 Error
- How should I Resolve the QuickBooks Scan Manager has Stopped Working Error?
- What are the Advantages of Using the QuickBooks Scan Manager?
- How to Set up the QuickBooks Scan Manager?
- How to Scan Bills and Invoices Using QuickBooks Scan Manager?
Problems Encountered While Scanning Bills via QuickBooks Scan Manager
There are several problems that you may encounter while scanning bills with the help of the QB Scan Manager. These problems can emerge in QuickBooks Desktop or other versions of the accounting software. Below, we have cited these problems or errors that can be displayed on your screen.
- Inability to detect the scanner can be a usual problem.
- The Scan Manager may not be responding.
- Problems while accessing the document in multi-user mode may arise.
- You may be unable to find the scanner driver.
- The scanning device and scanning manager may not be compatible.
- An error message stating “QuickBooks Scan Manager could Not be Selected” may appear on the screen.
- You may find that the QuickBooks Scan Manager has stopped working.
- On your system, the software may be showing the error 281, 1 while scanning a document.
- The QuickBooks Scan Manager may be unable to create a new profile.
- Your screen may show an error mentioning “No Profiles in QuickBooks Scan Manager”.
- The Scan Manager may be lagging.
- Errors while attaching the documents may be emerging.
How Do I Fix the QuickBooks Scan Manager could Not be Selected Error?
It is usual to encounter a situation wherein you can’t select the QB Scan Manager. This error can be fixed by using the TWAIN Compliant Scanner. In addition, you can ensure that the 281, 1 error is not present on your system. If it is, then the Scan Manager error will keep emerging. Therefore, you can install the accounting software on your system and repair the installation. The 281,1 error, along with the Scan Manager, will be fixed.
Fix 1: Use TWAIN Compliant Scanner with QuickBooks Scan Manager
You may have entered a situation in which the QuickBooks Scan Manager could not be selected. In such a situation, you need to keep two things into consideration. They have been mentioned as follows:
- Check if you are using a TWAIN-compliant scanner.
- Make sure that you use the scanner outside of QuickBooks.
Fix 2: Install QuickBooks and Resolve the 281, 1 Error
Being unable to select the Scan Manager of QuickBooks is a problem that can be found due to the occurrence of the error 281, 1. Based on our observation, you can fix this error code first. Consequently, the Scan Manager-related problems will stop occurring.
For doing away with the 281, 1 error, you can turn off QB Desktop if you’re using it at present. Via the Control Panel, you can head to the Add/Remove Programs section. Using this, you can install the QB software and repair the installation. Gradually, you will be able to do away with the error. At last, the Scan Manager problem will also get removed.
- Firstly, close the “QuickBooks Desktop” app if it is running on your PC.
- Now, press “Start”.
- Select the “Search” option. Look for the “Control Panel”.
- Go to “Add/Remove Programs” in the “Classic” view of the “Control Panel”.
- Install QuickBooks now.
- Select the option for repairing the installation.
- In the end, you can relaunch the QuickBooks software. Check that the 281, 1 error and the Scan Manager problem have been resolved.
Note: It is possible that some of you may be finding the 281, 1 error even now. You can prefer to completely uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop. Along with this, you can perform the clean reinstallation of the software.
How should I Resolve the QuickBooks Scan Manager has Stopped Working Error?
The users will be recommended to use the TWAIN scanner for not only troubleshooting but also preventing an error that stops the QB Scan Manager from working. Moreover, we will advise you to keep the accounting software updated. Using the most recent version of QB will ensure that different kinds of bugs do not surface while you are using it.
To implement these 2 measures for settling the QuickBooks Scan Manager has stopped working error, you can find the instructions in the following parts.
Fix 1: Use TWAIN Scanner
The Scan Manager of QB may stop working when TWAIN Scanner is not being used. Along with that, certain issues with your internet connection may also result in the Scan Manager error. To escape the problem altogether, we have cited a few tips. You can find these tips by scrolling further.
- Ensure that you are connected to a working internet connection and the TWAIN scanner has been set.
- The users who are using a new device should make sure that the Scan Manager has been set up for attaching your documents. In addition, check for QuickBooks Scan Manager’s compatible scanners.
- Check that your scanner isn’t offline and is available for usage.
- See to it that the “TWAIN” scanner has been preferred for scanning.
Fix 2: Update QuickBooks
Having an outdated version of the accounting software may result in an error like the QuickBooks Scan Manager not working issue. Prior to updating the software, it will be helpful to check whether or not you are using the recent version of QB. You can confirm the same by entering the Properties of the QBW32.exe file. Should you find that the recent version has not been installed on your system, you can use your web browser for installing it.
- On your system, right-click on the icon of “QB”.
- Opt for “Properties”.
- In the new window, click on “Find a Target”.
- Right-tap on the “QBW32.exe” file and select “Properties”.
- Enter the tab named “General”.
- Below “Item Name”, choose the version of the file.
- Check the version of “QB”.
- With the help of “Google”, find the recent version available for the accounting software.
- Now, download and install the updates for QuickBooks.
- Launch the “QB Scan Manager” and check whether or not it is working.
What are the Advantages of Using the QuickBooks Scan Manager?
As you would know, with the help of the QuickBooks Scan Manager, you can get your crucial tasks easily done. This indicates that there are several advantages of using it. In this section, we have gathered some of these advantages to help you know them.
- You can attach the files to your invoices, bills, sales receipts, and other transactions.
- The tool does not require you to be professional in accounting.
- You can easily connect it to your bank accounts in order to import and categorize the transactions.
- In the QuickBooks Scan Manager, the balance sheet gets updated automatically. Also, the invoices, slips, and other documents auto-generate and save your time.
- The scan manager is endowed with a warehouse manager so that the warehouse workers can get their work done in a short interval of time.
How to Set up the QuickBooks Scan Manager?
Setting up the QB Scan Manager comprises a 3-step process. Initially, you can begin with preparing a scan profile via the Company Menu of the accounting software. In the second step, you can set up the scanner and begin testing it. Scanning as well as adding your documents will be a part of the third step.
These steps or parts have been divided into several smaller directions for making them clear to you. As you read more, you will be able to know these directions.
Step 1: Create a Scan Profile
Making a scan profile is the first step for setting up the Scan Manager. To make it, you can visit the Company Menu of the accounting software. Choose Documents from the menu. Select the option that states Doc Center. Then you can pick the option of scanning the document. After scanning it, you can press New and start setting up a new profile.
- First of all, you need to select the “Documents” option from the “Company Menu”.
- Then you can select the “Doc Center” option.
- Choose “Scan a Document”.
- After that, press “New” to set up your new profile.
Note: You can also select an existing scan profile in place of setting up a new one.
- At this point, you are required to edit the name of your profile.
- Select “Continue”.
- At last, you can adjust your profile settings as per the requirement.
- Click on the “Save” button.
Step 2: Set up and Test the Scanner
In the second step, you have to set up the scanner as well as test it. For setting it up, you will have to start highlighting your profile. You can press Select and pick the Scanner Setup Wizard by entering the Select Scanner window. Choosing a mode will be required. Once it has been chosen, you can opt for the Perform Tests option.
To know more about testing the scanner, you can read these steps:
- Highlight your profile and hit the “Select” button.
- Next, Choose the “Scanner Setup Wizard” option. It will be located in the “Select Scanner” window.
Note: In the current selection field, your screen should display your scanner. In case you do not see your scanner, select “Yes” and hit the “Next” button in order to install the latest scanner database.
- Now, you can choose the appropriate mode. It is basically considered a “Normal” mode.
- Check the box that says “Perform Tests”.
- Press “Next”.
- Select the test that you want to run.
- Then click on the “Next” option twice to proceed with the scan test.
- Here, you will see a box that says “Repeat this Test in Order to Check All Modes”. You can check it.
- Select “Next” to continue testing in the other modes that are available.
Step 3: Scan and Add Documents
Once you are done performing all the actions and testing all the modes, you can start using the scanner. This is the final step for setting up the Scan Manager of QuickBooks and only requires you to attach your file. Thereafter, you can start scanning it.
- To attach your file, you can click on the “Attach File” option on any transaction.
- The file or document will begin to scan. You can wait till the process is over.
How to Scan Bills and Invoices Using QuickBooks Scan Manager?
To speed up entries in QuickBooks, you can connect Scan2Voice and QuickBooks online. Speeding up the entries is possible by scanning the invoice, extracting the data, and uploading it.
For more information, you can read here:
- Scan: Click the scan option in Scan2Voice. By doing so, the program will start scanning the invoice. Then it will convert the scanned file into a PDF format. Later, it will display a new file.
- Extract Data: This is a fast and easy method as it allows you to extract the data and lets you review the details.
- Upload: Click on the Upload button. This will create the invoice and attach a scanned PDF file to the QuickBooks’ online invoice.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section has been dedicated to answering the usually asked queries of our readers. By reading the answers to these, you may get help for resolving your queries as well.
TWAIN can be understood as the API or application program interface’s standard. The interface is between those apps that help in controlling the devices for image input and the device responsible for image input. A scanner is a common example of a device for image input.
The QB Scan Manager is a part of the accounting software. Using this, your documents and receipts can be scanned. After scanning them, they can be added to your bills, invoices, transactions, etc.
The QB Scan Manager can be set up via the Company Menu. You can choose the Documents option from this menu and then head to the Doc Center. You will soon find the New option. With this option, you can start setting it up.
The Scan Manager of QB is a useful part of it through which you can scan your documents and invoices. While using it, you may run into several errors. One such error disables the option of selecting the Scan Manager. As you read here, you can also find another error in which the manager may stop working altogether. We listed different fixes that can be implemented for resolving such errors. In addition, we also helped you in setting up the Scan Manager of QuickBooks. When you correctly set it up on your system, preventing such errors will be easier for you.
We invite you to read more informative blogs on our page. See the best ways to get rid of the error QuickBooks 334 on your system. Also, get equipped with reliable fixes for troubleshooting the QuickBooks error H202.