The Netflix code NW-2-5 error indicates a network issue. At times, you may use this service on a device that is unable to connect with the streaming platform. When this takes place, network problems can arise, resulting in this code. It is to be noted that one can use this service through the Netflix app or the website. In either case, the occurrence of this error can prevent one from streaming properly.
Considering the nature of the code NW-2-5, it will be useful to check your network. Given that it requires you to mend it, you should execute this fix. Afterward, you can stream this service again and check for the error code. It must be kept in mind that this problem can take place due to varying causes too. At times, bugs in devices like smart TV, Xbox, PS, Roku, or Firestick can also prevent the service from working properly, thereby causing the same code. In those instances, you will have to implement fixes accordingly.
With a detailed understanding of the error code NW-2-5, identifying the other causes is possible. This understanding can then assist you in applying other useful measures to get rid of the problem.
What are the Causes of Netflix Error Code NW-2-5?
The code NW-2-5 can emerge when you are using a public network that limits using Netflix. In addition to this, the error can be a result of the following causes too:
- There may be issues with your network.
- Modem settings can be incorrect.
- Your internet connection can be problematic.
- The device on which you are using Netflix may have bugs.
What is Code NW-2-5 on Netflix?
In case the error code NW-2-5 appears, it can mean that Netflix and your device are undergoing network problems. This issue can generate the following error message too:
“Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in [X] seconds. Code: NW-2-5”
How to Fix Netflix Code NW-2-5?
In general, you can check the public network used to examine whether it is causing this error. When the source of the problem varies, starting the network again, and working on the modem settings are suggested. At times, the Netflix code NW-2-5 can be fixed by improving the internet services too.
Fix 1: Checking for Public Networks
At times, you may use internet services that are publicly available. For such networks, certain services can be blocked. These services can include Netflix too. Hence, when using such a network, you may not be able to stream. Consequently, you may run into the code NW-2-5.
- When this code appears on the platform, you can run other similar services.
- Ensure that you use the same network to run them.
- If these services also indicate connectivity problems, you can avoid public Wi-Fi.
Fix 2: Start Over Your Network
In relation to the Netflix error code NW-2-5, network connectivity can be poor because of multiple reasons. One of these is bugs in your modem, device, or router. To get rid of this code, restarting all of these is important. In this way, the network can be started over.
- Shut down the device showing the Netflix error.
- Ensure that you plug out the modem.
- Remove the power connection from your router.
- Now, wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug in the modem afterward.
- Connect the router back to power.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Then your device has to be turned on.
- On it, play “Netflix”.
- Check whether the code NW-2-5 is appearing.
Fix 3: Set Modem Settings to Default
Users may come across the NW-2-5 error after making some changes to connection settings. Particularly when this is done on a modem, the error may come up. These settings should be restored to default.
The instructions to reset modem settings can vary as per the model chosen. In general, you can try performing the following:
- Your modem should remain plugged in.
- Look for its “Reset” option/button.
- Press this option and continue holding it.
- This device’s light should flicker.
- After this, release “Reset”.
- The light for “Internet” on the modem will become green.
- Since the settings will now be restored, use the internet on your device.
- Stream the “Netflix” platform.
- Identify whether or not the error NW-2-5 is occurring.
Tip: In addition, DNS and VPN settings can be restored to default in case they are causing this error.
Fix 4: Examine the Internet
Since the internet is a vital requirement to play Netflix, your connection should be working correctly. Otherwise, connection problems can take place. As a result of this, the Netflix code NW-2-5 can appear too.
To check whether your connection is properly functioning, these measures can help:
- Run apps other than Netflix to check whether your internet is working.
- In case your device’s settings give you the option to test the network, utilize it.
- Get assistance from your ISP to mend the connection when required.
Fix 5: Improve Signals of Wi-Fi
Issues pertaining to the network can be observed when Wi-Fi signals are poor. This could also hint at why the code NW-2-5 is coming up. To remove this cause, improving these signals is important.
- Keep the router next to the system you use to stream Netflix.
- Try to avoid keeping wireless systems nearby this router.
- Additionally, put the router on your shelf/desk.
What is the Fix for the Netflix NW-2-5 Smart TV Error?
The best Netflix NW-2-5 smart TV error fix is to utilize the network diagnostic test. Other measures can vary as per the model. Specifically for an LG TV, rebooting can help. Should the NW-2-5 error take place on a Samsung TV, one can simply restart the streaming platform.
Fix 1: Use Network Diagnostic Tests
On certain smart TV models that support Netflix, network diagnostic tests can be run. A user can refer to the manual of this device to understand whether this test is supported. Using the same, it can be executed.
It can be helpful for identifying the cause of the Netflix NW-2-5 smart TV as well as fixing it.
Fix 2: Reboot LG Smart TV
Network problems can be simply cleared by rebooting LG smart TVs. When you notice the error code NW-2-5 error in the video-streaming platform, you should use its buttons to reboot it. Within a few seconds, the process can be initiated and the code can be prevented.
On multiple models of LG smart TVs, the following steps can work.
- Press the following buttons simultaneously:
- “Volume Down”
- The logo of “LG” will appear.
- Then you can release these buttons.
- After some time, open “Netflix” on your TV.
- The Netflix code NW-2-5 LG smart TV error should not be present now.
Fix 3: Restart Netflix on Samsung Smart TV
In case you are using a Samsung smart TV and the error NW-2-5 shoots up on it, you can restart it. Afterward, when you launch Netflix on this device, network connection problems should get removed.
The steps required to restart the streaming service on this TV are given as follows:
- Normally turn off your “Samsung Smart TV”.
- Remove the power source from it.
- Let the TV get fully discharged.
- Then you can connect it to power.
- Tap the “Power” button for at least 5 seconds.
- Now, start the TV.
- Then run the streaming app again.
Check whether the Netflix code NW-2-5 Samsung smart TV error persists. For more assistance, you can also restart the internet service along with this device.
How to Troubleshoot Code NW-2-5 Netflix on Xbox One?
DNS settings play a key role in configuration. Hence, it is vital to confirm them. On the off chance that you don’t confirm these settings on your Xbox One, network problems can persist. Possibly, when you launch Netflix, the device may show error codes.
To troubleshoot the Netflix NW-2-5 Xbox One issue, DNS settings can be confirmed through these directions:
- Hit the button for “Xbox” on the console.
- Enter “Guide”.
- Choose “Profile & System”.
- Then come to “Settings”.
- Tap on “General”.
- Moving forth, select “Network Settings”.
- After this, press “Advanced Settings”.
- Gradually, you will see “DNS Settings”.
- Under this, hit “Automatic”.
- After the DNS settings get confirmed, launch Netflix.
- You should be able to stream it, devoid of the error NW-2-5.
Can I Fix the Netflix Code NW-2-5 on FireStick?
In an easy way, it is possible to fix the code NW-2-5 on your Amazon FireStick. You will be required to reboot this device. This can shut down all the running applications. Keep in mind that when you do so correctly and stream Netflix again, the error is less likely to appear.
- Press these keys at the same time:
- Continue to press them for nearly 5 seconds.
- Now, let the device undergo a hard reboot.
- Then open the video streaming application.
- You should no longer see the Netflix NW-2-5 Firestick error.
How to Resolve the Netflix Code NW-2-5 on PS4?
On PS4, DNS settings need to be correctly set and verified. When this is not ensured, you may encounter difficulties and Netflix can stop working. The NW-2-5 error is one of these. To eliminate this error, in specific, you can verify these settings.
For the verification of DNS settings to remove the Netflix NW-2-5 PS4 error, use these steps:
- Open the menu of your console.
- Enter the “Settings” of “PlayStation 4”.
- Then go to “Network”.
- Now, opt for “Set up Internet Connection”.
- You will be asked to pick a connection preference.
- In case you select “Use Wi-Fi”, tap on “Custom”.
- Then you can add the desired Wi-Fi connection.
- If the option “Use a LAN Cable” is selected, then press “Custom”.
- This is followed by choosing “Operation Mode”.
- Later on, press “IP Address Settings”.
- Tap on the option for “Automatic”.
- Pick “DHCP Host”.
- Ensure that you choose “Don’t Specify”.
- Moving ahead, select “DNS Settings”.
- The option “Automatic” needs to be picked afterward.
- Use “Proxy Server” and hit “Don’t Use”.
- Look for “MTU Settings”.
- Under this, you have to tap on “Automatic”.
- The “Test Connection” option has to be selected.
- Now, the DNS settings will be verified.
- Lastly, you have to open “Netflix” on “PS4” and check whether the fix worked.
What is the Fix for Netflix Code NW-2-5 on Roku?
A user can face the Netflix code NW-2-5 Roku error when the device has some bugs. Or, network issues can continue to occur. By rebooting the software of Roku, both causes can be removed. Hence, this code can stop coming up. After rebooting it, relaunch Netflix and begin streaming.
- Locate the “Home” key of “Roku”.
- Hit this key at least 5 times.
- Then the “Rewind” key has to be pressed twice.
- Lastly, tap 2 times on “Fast Forward” to reboot your “Roku” device.
In a Nutshell
Even though network issues are the main source, the Netflix NW-2-5 code can come up due to different bugs. As observed above, depending on devices like smart TVs, gaming consoles, etc., the possible bug can be understood. Accordingly, one can troubleshoot the error NW-2-5 via the suggested fixes.