Hyperlinks help you to access the online sources easily right through from the Word document. However, if you no longer desire to keep the hyperlinks in your document, you can disable or remove it directly. To do so, you can go through this guide on how to remove hyperlink in Word immediately.
This guide also demonstrates the best and useful methods to remove all hyperlinks in Word on the devices which are as follows.
- How to remove all hyperlinks in Word on Windows 10?
- How to remove hyperlink in Word on Mac?
Hyperlinks in Microsoft Word
When you type the web address manually in Word, it automatically creates a link once it is recognized by MS Word. When you copy the web address and paste it in Word, the hyperlink will also be copied.
Although it does not bother much but users might not wish to keep the hyperlinks in their Word document. If you are one of those who want to learn how to remove hyperlink in Word, stick to this guide to discover the easy methods to perform on your device. Whether you have Windows 10 or Mac, you will find the methods for both. Let us go through it one by one.
How to Remove All Hyperlinks in Word on Windows 10?
On Windows 10, you can perform a number of techniques to remove all hyperlinks in Word. For instance, you can use short keys to remove all hyperlinks, disable hyperlinks while you type, or use Paste options to remove hyperlinks. Below we will discuss these methods manually.
Method 1: How to Remove All Hyperlinks from a Word Document using Shortcut Keys?
If you want to know how to remove all hyperlinks from a Word document in an easy way then use the combination of Ctrl + Shift + F9 keys on your Keyboard. To understand this method properly, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, open your Word document that contains hyperlinks.
- Then, you can select all the text by using the Ctrl + A keys on the Keyboard.
- Next to this, you can use Ctrl + Shift + F9 keys on your keyboard together.
Once you do so, all the existing hyperlinks from your Word document will be removed automatically.
Method 2: How to Remove Hyperlinks from Microsoft Word Documents using Autocorrect?
This method enables Microsoft Word users to disable the hyperlinks when you type. To know how to remove hyperlinks from Microsoft Word documents using Autocorrect, below are the following steps you can perform.
- To get started, open the Word document.
- Next to this, click on the File option and select the Options.
- Once the Word Options window opens, you can click on the Proofing option located on the left.
- Thereafter, you can select the AutoCorrect Options which is located on the right.
- When the AutoCorrect window opens on your screen, you need to choose the AutoFormat As You Type and clear the checkboxes next to the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks.
- After that, you can hit the OK button.
Doing so, the hyperlinks option will be disabled and your Word document will not create any hyperlinks when you type in Word. However, applying this method in the document with hyperlinks will not remove the existing hyperlinks. But you can use this method before you start typing your document.
Method 3: How to Remove Hyperlink in Word with Paste Options?
Through this method, you will get to learn a simple technique for how to remove hyperlink in Word all at once. By using the Paste Options, you can easily remove all hyperlinks in Word. Here are the following steps that you need to follow.
- To begin, you can open your document and copy the text including hyperlinks.
- Then, you can click on the Paste option located on the top left of your Word document.
- When you view the Paste Options, click on the third icon that says ‘Keep Text Only’.
- Once you apply this action, Word documents paste the text with no hyperlinks. So we can say this is one of the useful methods to remove hyperlinks in Word.
- In case you have copied a web address and you click on the Paste Option so you need to select the Paste Special option this time.
- Under the Paste Special, you can choose the Paste Link option.
- Thereafter, you can select the Unformatted Text option and hit the OK button. Doing so, you will paste the web address with no hyperlink.
How to Remove Hyperlink in Word on Mac?
On Mac, users can also use different kinds of techniques in order to remove all hyperlinks in Word on Mac. For instance, you can remove the hyperlink one by one, use shortcut keys, or try the Copy and Paste Options in Word. Let us discuss these methods with a manual procedure.
Method 1: How to Remove Hyperlink in Word on Mac using Shortcut Keys?
If you want to learn how to remove hyperlink in Word Mac then you can go through the following steps instructed below.
- To initiate, open your Word document on a Mac computer or laptop.
- Now, you can use Command + A in order to select the entire document.
- As the last step, you can use the Command + Shift + A keys together on your keyboard in order to remove all hyperlinks in Word on Mac.
Method 2: How Do You Remove a Hyperlink in Word One by One?
This is the most simple method you can try on your document. If you are finding your answer to how to remove hyperlink in Word on Mac, below are the steps you can perform.
- Firstly, open the document containing hyperlinks.
- Now, you can click right on the hyperlink and select the Hyperlink option.
- Then, you can go to Edit Hyperlink and choose to Remove Link option.
- After that, you can click on the File and save it.
This is the manual process where you can remove like only by one in Word.
Method 3: How to Remove All Hyperlinks in Word with Copy and Paste Option?
In this method, you can simply copy the hyperlink as a text and paste it to the Word file. To do so, you can take the help of any of the two following ways.
Copy-Paste in Worde in Word
- When you open the Word document on your Mac, you can copy the text along with hyperlinks.
- Then, you can click right on the copied text and select the Paste Special option.
- At this point, you can select the Unformatted Text option.
- As the last step, you can click on the File and Save it.
Copy-Paste in TextEdit
- As usual, open your document in Word.
- Then, copy all the text content along with the hyperlinks.
- Now, you can click on the Finder and select Applications.
- Here, you can find and open the TextEdit and paste to TextEdit.
- Once you are done, you can copy the text in TextEdit and paste it again to Word. This will replace all the hyperlinks into normal text.
- Then, you can go to the File and Save it to your computer.
Through the hyperlinks in Word, it becomes convenient to visit the website in one click. However, a user may not want a document with hyperlinks every time. If you are one of those who are curious to know how to remove hyperlink in word then you can perform any of the aforementioned methods in Word.
The guide covers methods for Windows 10 as well as Mac OS. With the number of techniques, you can quickly remove the hyperlink from your document. For example, MS Word users can disable the hyperlink when typing, use shortcuts keys to remove hyperlinks or try switching to the Paste option in Word.
Additionally, if you are eager to know how you can smoothly remove watermark in Word, you can read this tutorial that covers simple solutions. Besides that, learn to insert check mark in Word with helpful techniques.