You have often tilted your smartphone’s screen upside down or sideways while watching videos or playing games. But did you know that you can flip your computer screen upside down or sideways too to enhance your gaming or movie viewing experience? Whether you want to view graphics from another angle, adjust an awkwardly-mounted screen, or simply play a prank on a colleague, turning your computer screen upside down or sideways in Windows 10 and 7 laptops is easy to do.
In this article, we’ll show you 3 simple methods for how to flip computer screen sideways or portrait mode as well as shortcut to flip computer screen back to normal. For additional help and support, you can get in touch with our expert technicians at +1-866-496-0452. Available 24X7, 365 days a year, they can help resolve all your Windows 10 and 7 computer issues remotely for unhampered work and productivity.
- Ways to How to Flip Computer Screen Upside Down
Ways to How to Flip Computer Screen Upside Down
Use the shortcut keys
If you have a graphics adapter, you can use keyboard shortcuts to quickly flip screen windows 10 and 7.
- Ctrl+Alt + ↓ to flip the screen upside down.
- Ctrl+Alt + → to rotate the screen 90° to the right.
- Press Ctrl+Alt + ← to rotate the screen 90° to the left.
- Press Ctrl+Alt + ↑ to return the screen to the standard orientation.
However, if the shortcut keys doesn’t work for you, you need to follow one of the methods mentioned below.
Rotate your Computer Screen Sideways on Widows 7, 10 PC screen via Control Panel
Like the aforementioned method, changing your computer screen upside down via Control Panel is equally simple and can be easily performed even by a novice user. For this,
- Press the Windows key and type in “Screen Resolution” and press enter.
If you are using Windows 7, then click on Start, go to the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization and select Adjust Screen Resolution.
- Go to the display drop-down box and select Portrait or Landscape in the Orientation field.
- Once you have made the selection, click OK to apply the changes.
- To return back to the landscape mode, press Escape key from your keyboard.
Rotate Screen Upside Down Using your Graphics Card’s Control Panel
You can flip your computer screen sideways using your graphics card’s control panel too. Right-clicking on the desktop screen and choosing the appropriate option will give you access to your graphics card – Intel, Nvidia or AMD. Alternatively, you can press Win+R and type ‘dxdiag’ to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to know your computer’s graphics card.
If you have an NVIDIA graphics card:
- Right-click on the desktop and select “NVIDIA Control Panel”.
- Under the ‘Display’ category, select ‘Rotate display’ from the left menu.
- Select the display in which you want to rotate your computer screen.
- Choose the orientation you want the display to use and press OK.
If you have an AMD or ATI graphics card:
- Right-click on the desktop and select “Catalyst Control Center”.
- Under the ‘Common Display Tasks’, select ‘Rotate Desktop’.
- Select the display you want your computer screen to rotate to.
- Select the orientation and press OK.
Not able to Flip Computer Screen ?
There could be instances where you are not able to flip screen windows on your Windows 7 or Windows 10 desktop screens with any of the methods mentioned above. The most common reason due to which your display won’t rotate is outdated drivers. Updating your graphics card drivers to the latest ones can help resolve the issue. For this,
- Visit the NVIDIA or AMD website (depending on the graphics card being used on your computer).
- Using the auto-detect tool, scan your computer for your graphics card.
- Download and install the latest drivers using the Installer.
- Try rotating the display to check if the issue has been resolved.
To Wind Up
If you are not able to update your graphics card drivers or need how to flip computer screen, call us. Dial our toll-free Windows support number +1-866-496-0452 and allow our technicians to fix all your Windows related issues at the comfort of your home or office. We assure guaranteed first call resolution of all issues, in the minimum time possible. So call us today and enjoy hassle-free remote tech support assistance for complete peace of mind.
Hit CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow and your Windows desktop should return to landscape mode. You can rotate the screen to portrait or upside-down landscape, by hitting CTRL + ALT + Left Arrow, Right Arrow or Down arrow.
It is very annoying when you simply turn on your system and it welcomes you with a flipped screen. To get rid of the Flip Computer Screen I was browsing for the solution when I came across this page. Let me mention that I had executed many solutions that were provided on different technical pages but I was satisfied once I executed the solution on this page. My issue was resolved in no time.
Hey Mark, even I was annoyed because of this issue. Every time I started my system the screen would flip to a 90-degree angle. I kept scratching my head many times wondering what is wrong with my system until I reached this solution mentioned above. I would suggest you execute the steps mentioned above to resolve this issue. My personal favorite is the third one as it was less time consuming than others. The users who keep facing the flip computer screen can take help from the solutions mentioned above.
I do not how my computer screen flip 90 degrees when i logged in the next day. There was no changes made the last time I used it and windows did not perform any updates. The screen was normal and not flipped sideways when i shutdown the computer. What could cause my computer screen to flip?