When you connect to your Quicken software, the Quicken cloud is automatically generated. Quicken cloud sync offers users a lot of conveniences. It helps you to exchange the information or data among Quicken Desktop, Quicken cloud, Quicken Online, and mobile apps. However, there may be instances when Quicken cloud sync errors interrupt your connection between devices.
As a result, you fail to exchange information between different platforms of Quicken. If you have no idea why Quicken cloud sync not working, we are here to help you with your concern. This particular guide explains what are the leading causes and how to fix Quicken cloud sync errors.
- What is Quicken Cloud?
- Types of Quicken Cloud Sync Errors
- Why Do You See Quicken Errors During Quicken Cloud Sync 2016/2017?
- What to Do to Fix Quicken Cloud Sync Errors?
- How to Reset Sync to Cloud to Remove “Quicken Cloud Sync Errors Illegal Operation” Message?
- How to Repair Quicken Mobile Sync Error?
What is Quicken Cloud?
Quicken cloud works tremendously in transferring your important information between multiple platforms such as Quicken Desktop, Quicken Mobile, and Quicken web. The best thing about this software is that it downloads the latest transactions right from your bank to the mobile devices. It is quite a flexible feature provided by Quicken software.
Whether you use Quicken Mobile or Quicken Online, you will be able to find the transactions. In addition to it, you will have the allowance to view or edit the transactions with strong internet access.
However, you need to keep one thing in your mind that Quicken Cloud does not provide backup so the data you see in the Quicken Cloud is because the data file is stored on your desktop. Since Quicken Cloud is not a backup service so you cannot access the Quicken cloud from anyplace but the mobile and desktop products
Types of Quicken Cloud Sync Errors
It is common to face Quicken errors during Quicken cloud sync. However, some users may confront different types of errors such as:
- Quicken cloud sync errors illegal operation
- Quicken cloud sync errors no repair
The reason that Quicken cloud sync not working is because your cloud sync needs to be reset. Make sure that you diagnose the error and know the cause and then implement the troubleshooting steps to fix the error.
Why Do You See Quicken Errors During Quicken Cloud Sync 2016/2017?
Quicken cloud sync errors might occur for several reasons. For instance, when a user tries to enter different usernames, you may encounter Quicken mobile sync error. The web failure and the error inside the Quicken server can also be responsible for the Quicken errors during Quicken cloud sync 2017/2016.
Below are the following reasons that cause Quicken cloud sync errors.
- When the user tries to access the Quicken versatile and work area rendition using different usernames, it shows the syncing error. So make sure you are using the same login credentials for both versions (desktop and mobile).
- The error may also take place due to the errors inside the Quicken server. In this case, the error might get resolved itself.
- Internet failure can also be the reason that causes Quicken cloud sync errors.
Now that you are aware of the leading causes of Quicken mobile sync error so you can perform the steps in accordance.
What to Do to Fix Quicken Cloud Sync Errors?
When you face Quicken cloud sync errors, you can opt for numerous ways such as update your Quicken software. In case you fail to update the software then perform troubleshooting steps in order to fix it. This would help you to fix the problem with the cloud syncing.
- Go to the “Tools” button.
- Then, select “One-Step Update” to untick the “Sync to Quicken Cloud” checkbox.
- After this, click on the “Update Now option”.
If the procedure finishes with no errors then you can continue using the Quicken cloud sync.
In case, you encounter errors during the one-step update then you can go through the following steps to fix the errors.
- Click on the “Tools”.
- Go to the “One Step Update Summary” page.
- Here, you will find the error in Red color above the “One Step Update Summary” page, which you will need to resolve first.
- Once you are done, click on the “Add Account” option.
- Then, click on the “Cash Account Section”. Then, start typing in the appropriate account name.
- Now, click on the current date in order to start tracking.
- After that, type in 0$ in the “Balance” section.
- Here, you have to make sure that the “Sync To Quicken Cloud” box remains unchecked.
- Hit the “Finish” button.
- Here, scroll down to the “Computer & Alerts” section.
- Select “Edit Account Settings”.
- Deselect all the accounts by clicking on the None option from the bottom.
- Thereafter, click the box that you will see next to the cash account which you have created.
- Click on the “Update Quicken Account” option.
- Once the process of update is completed, click on “Edit Account Setting”
- Now, tick the box available next to another account.
- Hit the “Update Quicken Account” option.
- After the update is completed, you can repeat the above two steps.
- Then, click on the “Alter Account Setting” option.
- Now, untick the “New Money account” which you have created just now.
- Then, click on the “Update Quicken Account” button.
- Next to this, click on the “Tools” option.
- Go to “One Step Update”. Ensure that the “Sync to Quicken Cloud” box remains unticked.
- Now, you can hit the “Update Now” button.
After following these steps, you can check if the error has been fixed or not. As the last step, you can launch your Quicken account and make sure that all the records are matching with the system.
How to Reset Sync to Cloud to Remove “Quicken Cloud Sync Errors Illegal Operation” Message?
As stated earlier, you may encounter different errors related to Quicken sync such as Quicken cloud sync errors illegal operation or Quicken cloud sync errors no repair. Both the error messages lead to different repaired methods that you need to perform.
By resetting the sync to the cloud, you can get rid of Quicken cloud sync errors illegal operation. This should be noted that if it is a full sync process then it may take longer to finish the task.
Here, we will show how to reset sync to the cloud:
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- Go to “Preferences”.
- Click the “Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts”.
- From the “Mobile and Web” group, click on the “Reset your cloud data” link.
While following these steps, make sure you follow the prompts given on your screen to finish the process. This will help you to remove the “Quicken cloud sync errors illegal operation” message on your screen.
How to Repair Quicken Mobile Sync Error?
Quicken mobile app can also be used to sync cloud storage. However, some users face issues syncing to the Quicken mobile app. If that is the case then you fix it. First, you have to make sure your app is updated to the latest version.
You can check from the Google Play Store or App Store. If there are any new updates for Quicken mobile app, you can download and install them on your phone. After updating the app, you can logout and then log in to the app again.
If you still find issues such as “Quicken cloud sync errors no repair” then you can reset the cloud data using the desktop program and then logout from your mobile app.
To understand better, you can follow these instructions:
Part 1: Reset Cloud Data Through Desktop Program
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- Go to “Preferences”.
- Click the “Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts”.
- Then, click on the “Reset your cloud data” option.
Part 2: Sign In to Your Mobile App Again After Resetting the Data
- Launch “Quicken mobile app”.
- Go to the “Menu” icon located on the top left.
- Tap the “Logout” icon located at the bottom of your screen.
- Login again with your right Quicken ID and password.
This will help you to resolve the error on your Quicken mobile app. Remember that Quicken mobile app is just the companion app. To repair the method, it requires using Quicken Desktop to sync the data. Also, make sure when you sync on the desktop, the account you wish to sync is selected.
To find out which account is selected, you can go to the Mobile & Alerts tab and see what account is mentioned for Mobile Sync. In case the account you wanted to sync is not mentioned there then go to the Edit Account Setting and add or remove the account for mobile sync.
Important Points to Considerate
Before moving forward, one should remember the following things about Quicken Cloud Service. Have a look!
- It does not provide any backup as the real data is always stored in the Quicken Desktop.
- Users cannot access the data anywhere except Quicken mobile apps and Quicken Desktop.
- You cannot delete Quicken cloud. It is the default service that creates once you connect to the Quicken service. One of your data must sync with your Quicken cloud.
- Data cannot be restored from your Quicken cloud.
- Make sure you use different login credentials if you are using multiple services or versions of Quicken.
To Sum Up
The cloud syncing error can be caused by several reasons. However, with the small settings in Quicken, you can have this flexible access to Quicken on mobile or web. If you have been facing Quicken cloud sync errors then you can resolve them easily. By following the instructions we have given above, you can fix the cloud sync error in the Quicken account.
Do you want more such guides on QuickBooks? If yes, go through the following articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely. The Quicken cloud feature is safe to use and exchange your data between different devices. Advanced SSL technology is available to access the gateway and the Quicken data (from web servers and mobile) is stored in encrypted mode. Also, your password with the account is secured.
If you sync your Quicken account with other devices such as mobile sync then it stores your data in the cloud. This becomes easy for you to access the information from anywhere even from other Quicken platforms.
If you are not willing to sync your data then you can reset the Quicken cloud data. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID, mobile & ALerts -> Reset Cloud Data.