Sometimes when you are trying to use your Windows 10 computer or laptop, your work may come to a pause due to the error code 0x80070035. This error code may be accompanied by a message saying that the network path was not found. So, what should you do when your Windows 10 system receives this error? You can save yourself from losing the time to find the solution. We have 17 awesome fixes to help you out immediately!
Keep reading to know what these fixes are!
What Causes Result Failure Error Code 0x80070035?
Your Windows 10 system may be receiving this 0x80070035 error because of one of the following 4 reasons.
1. The stopping of the TCP/IP NetBIOS helper service can invite problems including the error 0x80070035.
2. Third-party firewall software can sometimes cause this error code to emerge.
3. A bug in the network security settings can cause the error 0x80070035 on your Windows 10 laptop/computer.
4. When the network discovery option has been disabled on your system, the network path may not be found and thus this error could shoot up.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070035 Windows 10?
We know 17 fixes that are short, simple, and easy for you to execute. In these fixes, we will be verifying TCP/IP NetBIOS, deactivating third-party firewall software, re-configuring Windows, changing the network security settings, etc., to settle this error code on your machine. Let’s read ahead!
Fix 1: Verify TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service on Windows 10
For the smooth functioning of an internal network, it is essential to confirm that the TCP/IP NetBIOS helper service is continuously running in the background. This service needs to be configured to run with the system all the time. However, this service can stop unexpectedly after some important alterations are made in the system that has been brought forth by Windows updates. Thus, the error code 0x80070035 can be caused.
Let us read the 6 steps to verify and re-configure the TCP/IP NetBIOS helper service.
1. Access the “Windows search bar”.
2. Enter “Services” to open “Services” from the list provided.
3. Search for the “TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper”.
4. Click to open “Properties”.
5. Go to the “Startup” section and choose “Automatic” and then save the changes made.
6. Reboot your computer and check the changes implemented.
Fix 2: Configure NetBIOS on Windows 10
In case the “error code 0x80070035 the network path was not found” message occurs due to NetBIOS over TCP, it signifies that the feature has not been enabled. By enabling this feature, you can deal with the error easily. Follow the below-mentioned 7 steps to enable NetBIOS over TCP.
1. Open “Run” by pressing the “Windows” key and “R” key together.
2. Type the command “NCPA.CPL” and press “Enter”.
3. Click over the network setup and open “Properties”.
4. Highlight “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”.
5. Click on “Properties” and then tap “Advanced”.
6. Choose the “WINS” tab.
7. Finally, go to “Enable NetBIOS over TCP” and click on it. Then save the alterations made.
Fix 3: Deactivate Third-party Firewall Software on Windows 10
Deactivating the third-party firewall software on your computer or laptop can also work as an intelligent fix for this error code 0x80070035 Windows 10. Now, the antivirus packages come along with a third-party firewall program. The added security is a privilege. There is no assurance that it will hinder the internal network of your work environment.
Fix 4: Re-configure Windows 10 Update Components
Configuration of the recent Windows 10 update can help you fix error code 0x80070035. This is a combination of different peripherals that helps in downloading and installing Windows updates successfully. To execute this procedure, follow the 6 steps given below.
1. Open the “Search menu” on your Windows 10 system.
2. Type in “cmd” to open the “Command Prompt”. Run it as the “Administrator”.
3. Fill in the below-mentioned commands one by one and press “Enter”.
“net stop bits”
“net stop msiserve”
“net stop wuauserv”
“net stop cryptSvc”
4. Moving ahead, rename the “SoftwareDistribution” and “Catroot2” folders by entering the following command in the “Command Prompt”. Then press “Enter”.
“Ren C:\Windows\softwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old”
5. The final step is to restart the “BITS”, “Cryptographic”, “MSI Installer”, and “Windows Update Services”. For this, enter the following commands.
“net stop wuauserv”
“net stop cryptSvc”
“net stop bits”
“net stop msiserver”
6. Then exit the “Command Prompt” and reboot your computer.
Fix 5: Ensure Drive is Shared on Windows 10
The message “result failure error code 0x80070035” on your Windows 10 computer or laptop can be settled by ensuring that your drive has not been shared. The steps to do so have been shown here.
1. On your Windows 10 system, right-click on your drive.
2. Click on the “Properties”.
3. Then move to the “Sharing tab”.
4. In case the network path is shown as “Not shared”, go to “Advanced sharing tab”.
5. Checkmark “Share this folder”.
6. Ensure that the “Share name” has been entered correctly.
7. Tap “Apply” and then press “Ok” for saving the changes.
8. Now, open the “Run” dialog box.
9. Fill in the name of the folder. Then press “Enter”.
10. Make sure that this folder is accessible. The error code issue will not bother you now.
Fix 6: Utilize IP Address on Windows 10
The “error code 0x80070035 the network path not found” can be fixed via the IP address as well. So, let us learn how to use the IP address for this purpose in just 7 steps.
1. Open “Run” on your Windows 10 computer or laptop.
2. Type in the “cmd” command. And press “Enter”.
3. Type the “ipconfig/all” command. And again press “Enter”.
4. Find the category named “IPv4 Address” by scrolling down. Then mark the “192.168.43.157” address.
5. Now, open the “Run” dialog box again.
6. Next, enter “\\IPv4 address\the drive” and press “Enter”.
Note for Readers: The “\\IPv4 address\the drive” should be similar to “\\192.168.43.157\c”. Here, “\\192.168.43.157\c” is only an example.
7. The drive will open easily and the error code 0x80070035 will have been wiped off.
Fix 7: Make Changes to Network Security Settings on Windows 10
In this part of the blog, we will be troubleshooting error code 0x80070035 by making certain changes to the network security settings. The correct steps of this fix have been shown here.
1. Click on “Start”.
2. Type in “secpol.msc” in the search box. Then tap the “Enter” key.
3. Then go to “Local policies”.
4. Click on the “Security options”.
5. Visit “Network security: LAN manager authentication level” and click on it twice.
6. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Send LM & NTLM-use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”.
7. Now, click on “Apply” and then press “Ok” for saving these changes.
8. Finally, check whether the 0x80070035 error has been troubleshot.
Fix 8: Try Resetting TCP/IP on Windows 10
Any error or bug in the TCP or IP on your Windows 10 system can result in several problems including the “error code 0x80070035 the network path not found” message. With the following procedure, you can reset TCP or IP and this error code message will get removed within minutes.
1. On your Windows 10 computer/laptop, right-click on the icon of “Network Connection”.
2. Click on “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
3. Click on the “Change adapter settings” on the left.
4. Then right-click on the chosen network adapter. Select “Properties”.
5. Press “Install”.
6. Choose the option of “Protocol” and then press “Add”.
7. The next step is to choose the option of “Reliable Multicast Protocol” and then press “Ok”.
Fix 9: Try Enabling SMB V1.0 on Windows 10
The error code 0x80070035 Windows 10 1803 can be fixed quickly by enabling the SMB V1.0 in the Windows feature option. This fix is the shortest with only 3 steps.
1. Look for the “Windows feature” on your computer or laptop.
2. In the “Windows feature”, look for “SMB 1.0/CIFS File sharing support”. Checkmark it and press “Ok”.
3. Now, check whether the error has been fixed.
Fix 10: Use gpedit.msc on Windows 10
In this section, we will be using the “gpedit.msc” option to solve the error code 0x80070035 on your Windows 10 computer or laptop. This fix can be performed via 2 methods. The steps for both methods have been shown as follows.
1. In your system’s search box, search for “gpedit.msc”. Then launch the “Local Group Policy Editor”.
2. Then go to “Local Computer Policy”.
3. Click on “Computer Configuration”.
4. Click on “Administrative Templates”.
5. Next, tap on “Network”.
6. Now, tap on “Lanman Workstation”.
7. The final step is to enable the option of “Insecure Guest Logons”.
1. Use the search box of your Windows 10 computer/laptop to search for “gpedit.msc”.
2. Launch the “Local Group Policy Editor”.
3. Go to “Local Computer Policy”.
4. Click on “Computer Configuration”.
5. Tap “Windows Settings”.
6. Then click on “Security Settings”.
7. Now, move to “Security Options”.
8. Find “Microsoft Network Client: Digitally Sign Communications (always)”. Disable this option.
9. Now, check for the error on your system. It will not persist now.
Fix 11: Temporarily Disable Antivirus on Windows 10
Any interference caused by the Windows Defender Firewall can sometimes result in the “error code 0x80070035 the network path was not found” message on your computer. Therefore, temporarily disabling the antivirus on your Windows 10 computer/laptop can work as a quick fix. If you don’t know how to disable it temporarily, then our set of 7 steps mentioned below will provide you great assistance.
1. Open “Run” on your Windows 10 computer or laptop.
2. Type in “Control Panel” and press the “Enter” key.
3. Choose and open the “Windows Defender Firewall” from the list of options available.
4. Tap “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off” on the left.
5. Choose the radio button for “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” for both “Private Network Settings” and “Public Network Settings”.
6. To save these settings, press “Ok”.
7. Now, restart your Windows 10 computer. The error will have been cleared by now.
Fix 12: Try Reinstalling Network Adapters on Windows 10
Reinstalling the network adapters, including the ones that have been hidden, has shown to work positively in removing the error code 0x80070035 Windows 10. Do you want to try out this fix? If yes, then read the following 7 steps to execute it.
1. Press the “Windows” key and “R” key at the same time to open “Run”.
2. Type in “devmgmt.msc” when “Run” opens. This will give you access to the “Device Manager”.
3. In the “Device Manager” window, click on “View”.
4. Tick “Show hidden devices”.
5. Click on “Network adapters” to expand the list. Here, you will be able to see the hidden adapters as well.
6. Now, you have to right-click on each driver and press “Uninstall”.
7. Finally, reboot your Windows 10 laptop or computer.
Note for Readers: To perform this fix for the error code 0x80070035 on your Windows 10 system, it must be connected to your internet. Also, ensure that it has been hard-wired.
Fix 13: Enable Network Discovery on Windows 10
Let us learn to fix error code 0x80070035 on Windows 10 by turning on the network discovery option. This method is quite simple and can be administered in only 7 short steps. Let’s read further.
1. Tap the “Windows” and “R” keys at the same time for opening “Run”.
2. Type in “Control Panel” in “Run” and tap “Enter”.
3. Next, tap on “Network and Sharing Center”.
4. Click on “Change Advanced Sharing Settings” provided on the left.
5. Select the radio button for “Turn on network discovery”.
6. Checkmark “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices”.
7. The final step is to reboot your Windows 10 system. The error code will not bug your machine anymore.
Fix 14: Remove Windows Credentials on Windows 10
The problem of result failure error code 0x80070035 can sometimes occur due to Windows 10 credentials as well. So, the best way to fix it will be to remove all the Windows 10 credentials one by one and then add them again manually. The procedure to do so has been explained here.
1. Open “Run” by pressing the “Windows” and “R” keys together.
2. Type in “Control Panel” and hit the “Enter” key.
3. In the “Control Panel” window, click on “Credential Manager”.
4. Go to the section of “Windows Credential”. One by one, delete all the credentials.
5. The fifth step is to restart your Windows 10 system.
6. Tap the option of “Add a Windows Credential”.
7. Now, you have to add the credentials one by one. That is all!
When all the Windows 10 credentials have been deleted and manually added again, try using your system. The error code will not be visible anymore.
Fix 15: Try to Modify Network Security Settings on Windows 10
An attempt can be made to fix the error code 0x80070035 Windows 10 1803 by modifying the network security settings on your Windows 10 system. The 6 steps for this fix have been mentioned here. Let us take a look at these.
1. Open the “Run” window on your computer or laptop.
2. Provide the command given below and then hit the “Enter” key.
3. In the “Local Security Policy” window, click on “Local Policies”.
4. Then click on the “Security Options”.
5. Click on “Network security: LAN Manager authentication level”. Tap twice to access its “Properties”.
6. Click on the drop-down menu available. Choose “Send LM & NTLM-use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”.
Once, the network security settings have been modified, you will notice that the error will no longer be on your screen. You can resume your work now.
Fix 16: Run Command Prompt on Windows 10
Do you know that Command Prompt can also help you in troubleshooting error code 0x80070035 Windows 10? Let’s try out this method right away. All you need to do is perform the 5 steps provided below.
1. The first step is to press the “Windows” and “R” keys at the same time.
2. Provide the “cmd” command in “Run” and press “Enter”.
3. In the “Command Prompt” window, provide the commands given below one after the other and then press the “Enter” key.
4. The fourth step is to reboot your Windows 10 computer. Use the following commands for rebooting your system.
“netsh int IP reset”
“netsh winsock reset”
5. The last step is to restart your system.
Fix 17: Use Registry Editor for Outlook on Windows 10
In this part of the blog, we have outlined a detailed procedure to resolve the Outlook error code 0x80070035. In this procedure, we will be making the use of the Windows Registry Editor to clear away this error quickly. Now, read the 11 steps given here.
1. The first step is to exit “Outlook” on your Windows 10 system.
2. Make sure that you close “Outlook” completely.
3. Now, access the “Registry Editor”. For this, click on “Start”. Type in “regedit.exe”. Then click on the “Registry Editor” to open it.
4. Next, go to the folder location “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User”.
5. Access the “Shell folders” via the sub-categories.
6. Find the “Personal field”. You need to make sure that there is a valid location in the “Data field”.
7. The path of the “Personal field” needs to be copied. Search the path that you copied in the “Windows Explorer”. You may be required to change the Personal field’s value in case you cannot find access to this path.
8. Tap twice on the field for “Personal value”.
9. Provide the “My Document” folder’s path in the “Edit string box”.
10. Using the “Windows Explorer”, search for “My Documents”.
11. Finally, paste the copied path in the “Edit string button”. Then press “Ok” and exit the “Registry Editor”.
This blog helped you find out multiple fixes for the error code 0x80070035 Windows 10. From the TCP/IP NetBIOS helper service to using the Registry Editor, we came across various ways to root out this error on your computer or laptop. We hope you always keep this guide handy to troubleshoot this error the next time you face it. Do you have any ideas or suggestions for our blog? Let us know in the comment section given below!
Also, explore our latest blogs! If you found these fixes satisfying, then be assured you will also love to read our solutions for how to disable Windows Aero in Windows 10. In addition to these, the error 0xc0000225 windows 8 introduced by us are promising as well.